Corktown, Canary & Distillery District Toronto Food Tour
Discover the delicious flavors of Toronto’s Corktown, Canary and the Distillery District during this 4-hour guided food tour. Steeped in history this area was home to the breweries, cork stop makers, brickyards and the largest distillery in the world.
Taste amazing flavours where old and new blend!
On this delicious experience gift, you’ll embark on a walking tour of an iconic Toronto neighbourhood. The Corktown, Canary & Distillery District began in the early 19th Century as a home to the Irish immigrants that built this city. As you walk the quaint laneways of Corktown, you’ll see good examples of British row houses and the cobble stone streets of the Distillery Historic District that represents some the finest preserved examples of industrial architecture in North America. Along the way, you’ll learn fun facts, humorous stories and the history of the area.
Your culinary adventure begins with meeting your entertaining and knowledgeable guide at the main gates of the Distillery District. You’ll kick off this unique Toronto food tour with a fresh cup of java at one the city's best coffee roasters, housed in the distillery’s original lunch room, before strolling the cobble stone streets of what was once the largest distillery in the world and is now a national historic site. You’ll delve deeper into this historic site with a behind the scenes tour and tasting at a modern working distillery.
This tasty tour includes a 5 course Asian Fusion lunch, a uniquely Ontario dessert, craft beers and a visit to a chocolatier that has recently been awarded best dark chocolate in the world.
We guarantee you end this tour a full belly and a newfound knowledge of Toronto.
- Visit 3 distinct Toronto neighborhoods: Corktown, Canary and the Distillery Historic District.
- Discover great places to eat in Toronto.
- A visit to a chocolate shop that has recently been awarded “best dark chocolate in the world”
- A craft beer tasting at a Corktown institution first opened in 1889
- A tour of a modern, working distillery.
- All preselected food & drink including 10 tastings at 5 eateries, 3 spirit and 2 beer samples.
- Small-group walking tour led by a local culinary professional.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities.
Duration: 4 hours approximatley
When: Available year-round Sundays at 11:30am
Meeting location: In front of the main gates into the Distillery District, 55 Mill St., near the gate keepers office.
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options are available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
Does this walking food tour have anything to offer local Torontonians? Absolutely! Many of the tour attendees live right in Toronto. Locals often take the tour to learn about the history and unique, out of the way places to eat in Toronto that they didn’t know about.
If you are looking for tasty, fun things to do in Toronto, the food tour is for you!
The Corktown, Canary & Distillery District Food Tour takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience