Calgary’s Kensington Food Tour Quest
Savour new flavours and discover some of the tasty hidden gems in Calgary’s Kensington district on a unique, self-guided scavenger hunt style SOCIALLY DISTANCED INTERACTIVE ADVENTURE. Embark on a quest for amazing local food while discovering fun history, culture, art, and hidden gems.
|Price for:||Up To 4 Participants|
A fun, interactive way to discover Calgary’s Kensington neighbourhood together!
Think of the Kensington Food Tour Quest as one-part self-guided food tour and one-part living board game. All you need to play is a GPS-enabled mobile device. Throughout the quest, the app will give you a map to where the adventure begins and provide you with clues to solve along the way.
As you solve each clue, you will be guided through a tour of food specialty shops, restaurants as well as local history, culture, and art stops. One of the stops is at an independent Alberta business that will have unique Alberta food samples prepared for you to try and discounts for you to enjoy. To finish your quest, and be a local food hero, you’ll need to answer all the clues … so stay sharp out there!
- Dive deep into Calgary’s food culture and discover hidden gems.
- Taste scrumptious samples exclusive to this adventure.
- A great activity for families, friends, or couples to do – SAFELY – at a date, time and pace that works best for you.
- Support Alberta’s independent businesses and farms.
- Complete a fun challenge and be amazed at everything Calgary’s Kensington district has to offer!
- Receive valuable discounts and promotions with Kensington District vendors.
When: 7 days a week. We suggest playing Tuesday - Saturday Noon - 6pm to capture the most businesses open. You can still play the game even if some of the businesses are closed and evening is a fun time to play too.
How it works:
- Groups of 1 to 4 people can play on one device, or you can divide into teams on separate mobile devices and compete against each other.
- Once you’ve registered your foodie adventure with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with instructions and access code to the free app called “Loquiz”. This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Download the App and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a map of the area where the quest begins and a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve the next clue.
Duration: 2 hours if you have no stops, but we recommend taking longer to enjoy eating and shopping along the way.
Where: Kensington neighbourhood, Calgary
Need to know:
- To play you need a data-enabled mobile device with Android 5.1 and higher or iOS version 9.1 and higher.
- Additional phones can be added at no extra cost.
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route. There will be opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. You are only required to use the phone for the App.
- Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at some of the stops.
- Walking distance is approximately 1.5 km, an easy, flat walk.
- Includes small food samples and discounts at several of the business on the tour.
- Please wear a mask when you enter the businesses. Masks are not required at restaurants while you are eating and drinking or while you are outside enjoying your walking tour of clues.
If you're looking fun things to do in Calgary and discover tasty places to eat or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone who craves a little bit of adventure and new foods then Kensington District Food Tour Quest is the way to go!
How To Book Your Experience