Canmore Food Tour Quest
Discover tasty hidden gems in Canmore on a unique, self-guided scavenger hunt style adventure. Embark on a quest for amazing local food while discovering fun, culture, art, history, and hidden gems.
|Price for:||Up To 4 Participants|
A fun, interactive way to discover great places to eat in Canmore!
Think of the Canmore Tour Quest as one-part living board game and one-part self-guided food tour. All you need to play is a GPS-enabled mobile device. Throughout the quest, the app will give you a map tofollow and provide you with clues to solve along the way.
As you decipher each clue, you will be led through a tour of food specialty shops, restaurants as well as culture, history, and art stops. One of the stops will be at an independent Alberta business that will have unique Alberta food samples prepared for you to try and discounts for you to enjoy. To complete your quest and be a local food hero, you’ll need to answer all the clues.
Your Quest: A striving athlete is making his last attempt to getting on the Olympic cross-country ski team and he needs your help. You and your team must score him some serious eats by solving clues, completing “training” activities, and uncovering hidden gems in Canmore.
- Dive deep into Canmore’s foodie culture and discover hidden gems.
- Enjoy delicious samples exclusive to this adventure.
- A great activity for friends, families, or couples to do – SAFELY – at a time, date, and pace that works best for you.
- Support Alberta’s independent businesses and farms.
- Complete a fun challenge and be amazed at everything Canmore has to offer!
- Receive discounts and promotions with Canmore vendors.
When: 7 days a week. We suggest playing Tuesday - Saturday Noon - 6pm to capture the most businesses open. You can still play the game even if some of the businesses are closed and evening is a fun time to play too.
How it works:
- Groups of 1 to 4 people can play on one device, or you can divide into teams on separate mobile devices and compete against each other.
- Once you’ve registered your foodie adventure with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with instructions and access code to the free app called “Loquiz”. This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Download the App and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a map of the area where the quest begins and a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve the next clue.
Duration: 2 hours if you have no stops, but we recommend taking more time to enjoy eating and shopping along the way.
Where: Canmore, Alberta
Need to know:
- To play you need a data-enabled mobile device with Android 5.1 and higher or iOS version 9.1 and higher.
- Additional phones can be added at no extra cost.
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route. There will be opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. You are only required to use the phone for the App.
- Bring a phone charger is a case your battery gets weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at some of the stops.
- Walking distance is approximately 1.5 km, an easy, flat walk.
- Includes small food samples and discounts at several of the business on the tour.
- Please wear a mask when you enter the businesses. Masks are not required at restaurants while you are eating and drinking or while you are outside enjoying your walking tour of clues.
If you're looking fun things to do in Canmore and discover tasty places to eat or you're looking for an unique experience gift for someone who loves discovering new foods and a little bit of adventure then the Canmore Food Tour Quest is the way to go!
How To Book Your Experience