Are you ready for an interactive clue solving adventure that is a cross between a scavenger hunt, a self-guided tour and an adventure race? With your smartphone as your guide discover hidden, cool buildings and a whole lot of history as you work together to decifer a series of clues to solve a mystery in Crowsnest Pass.
Turn the town of Blairmore in Crowsnest Pass into a clue solving game as you discover its fascinating history.
Using your smartphone, you’ll solve clues with each clue leading you on an easy walk to a new location where you'll find an important photo. This interactive adventure game is a brain-teasing journey of discovery where you’ll uncover secrets that even the locals don’t know.
Your Crowsnest Pass Clue Solving Adventure blends the clue-solving challenge of an escape room, a scavenger hunt and a race against the clock. This adventure is a great experience gift for families and friends. Whether you choose to race against the clock or amble along at a leisurely pace as you explore Crowsnest Pass is entirely up to you!
How it works:
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and picked your start date with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with your access code and instructions. This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Suggested team size is 2-4 players. It is most fun when working together with other people to find and solve clues.
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you to a new location where you will have to solve a puzzle or find a hidden word.
- Clues are written sequentially and with the assumption you have no knowledge of the town. Each clue has several components to uncover to guide you towards that clue’s destination.
- Once you submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but do cost you a time penalty!
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Your exciting Crowsnest Pass Clue Solving Adventure: Pictures of the Past
Get ready for a historical whodunnit as you go back to 1923 and join the search for four stolen photographs from Thomas Gushul's photo studio that hold the key to a great mystery. These photos may seem like classic images of everyday life in the Canadian Rockies but when put together they hold the key to the fiendishly difficult combination to a vault in a neighbouring building that contains much of the town's wealth.
Are you and your team up for the challenge of finding the photos and solving the mystery?
- Start location: Downtown Blairmore
- Start time: Any day of the week between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm
- Walking distance: approximately 3.5 km on mostly flat roads.
- Average time to complete: 1.5 to 2 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking around town. Dress for the weather.
- Children: This adventure is great for families.
Need to know:
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route, however there are multiple opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. You are only required to use the phone for the APP - no internet browsing or photos. Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- You can start any day but must start within a daily time window. Along the way you will interact with several businesses and the start window is set to align with their opening hours.
Whether you love solving mysteries or looking for fun things to do as a family, the Crowsnest Pass Clue Solving Adventures is perfect for an adventurous day and makes a great experience gift!
How To Book Your Experience