Embark on an immersive clue solving adventure for teams of 2-4 people that transforms Calgary into a real-life puzzle board, where you are the game pieces! This unique, scavenger hunt style, interactive game is your chance to explore and discover Calgary.
Let Calgary become your playground!
Using a smartphone or tablet as your personal tour guide, this is an activity with an interactive twist - an opportunity to join friends and family in uncovering Calgary hot spots, test your knowledge, and have lots of fun. You’ll encounter secrets even the locals don’t know.
Your Clue Solving Adventure will lead you on a route through downtown Calgary. This adventure game is a brain-teasing voyage of discovery that combines the fun of a scavenger hunt with the clue-solving challenge of an escape room and then adds the excitement of racing against the clock.
You’ll receive a series of clues on the free App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a new location where you'll solve a puzzle or find a hidden word. Along the way you'll visit local icons, uncover hidden places, discover great dining and shopping!
This scavenger hunt style adventure is great for families, friends, and groups. Choose to race the clock or simply enjoy the experience as you tour Calgary. It’s entirely up to you!
How it works:
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the mystery tour provider, you’ll receive an email with the access code and instruction. This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Suggested team size is 2-4 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk from one location to the next where you’ll have to solve a puzzle or find a hidden word.
- The clues are written with the assumption you have no knowledge of the town and are sequential. Each clue has several components to look for to guide you towards that clue’s destination.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but do cost you a time penalty!
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Choose from 3 exciting Calgary Adventures:
1. Riotous Roundup
A local prankster has stolen animals from the zoo and hidden them all around Calgary’s city centre. He has set a trail of clues for the animals to be found, but he has threatened to set them loose to run wild later today. Unlock the puzzle by finding tricky clues through Calgary’s indoor +15 system rounding up a menagerie of escaped animals.
- Start location: Downtown Calgary
- Start time: Start between 11am and 4pm any day.
- Walking distance: Approximately 2.5km, 90% of which is indoors
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for walking in/around town. There is minimal time spent outdoors, but you should prepare for the weather.
- Children: There are two options for this adventure. One for adults only that includes pubs and another that is family friendly. You will be able to choose the tour that suits your group.
2. Sculpted in Time
Help local sculptor Imolda Bronze recover her designs from unscrupulous rival Rob Ansteel. Rob has agreed to return the designs, but only if she can figure out an important date he has hidden around the city using a series of tricky clues leading to a puzzling clock. Imolda needs your help to rescue her designs before it is too late!
- Start location: Downtown Calgary
- Start time: Any day of the week between 11:00am and 2:30pm
- Walking distance: approximately 4 km of flat walking
- Average time to complete: 2.5 to 3 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking in/around town. Dress for the weather.
- Children: This adventure is not designed for children – the final location is over 18’s only.
3. Calgary Airport Caper
Discover new places, quirky secrets and hidden artwork as you work together to solve a series of clues & puzzles. Your mission - to follow a trail of clues around the airport that will find 16 guests flying to a mystery destination. You’ll then use your puzzle-solving skills to determine where they are going.You will see a whole new side of the airport!
- Start location: Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal Hotel (main lobby)
- Start time: any day of the week between 9:00am and 8:00pm
- Walking distance: approximately 2.5 km of flat walking (plus elevators or escalators)
- Average time to complete: 60 to 90 minutes plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking around the terminal. You are not required to go outside.
- Children: This adventure is great for children.
Need to know:
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route, however there are multiple opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. You are only required to use the phone for the APP- no internet browsing or photos. Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- You can start any day but must start within a daily time window. Along the way you will interact with several businesses and the start window is set to align with their opening hours.
If you're looking for fun things to do in Calgary, and you think you have what it takes to solve the mystery, or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone who likes a little bit of adventure, try one of these fantastic Calgary Clue Solving Adventures!
How To Book Your Experience