Embark on a SOCIALLY DISTANCED OUTDOOR ADVENTURE for teams of 2-4 people that transforms Calgary into a real-life puzzle board, where you are the game pieces! This unique, scavenger hunt style, clue solving adventure is your chance to explore and discover Calgary .
Let Calgary become your playground - Safely!
Using a smartphone or tablet as your personal tour guide, this is an activity with an interactive twist - an opportunity to join friends and family in uncovering downtown Calgary hot spots, test your knowledge, and have lots of fun.
The adventures have been modified from their original version to remove interactions in pubs and other businesses, to remain outside and to allow for effective social distancing. Great fun while social distancing!
Your Clue Solving Adventure will lead you on a route through downtown Calgary. This adventure game combines the fun of a scavenger hunt with the clue-solving challenge of an escape room and then adds the excitement of racing against the clock.
This scavenger hunt style adventure is great for families, friends, and groups. Choose to race or simply enjoy the experience as you tour Calgary. It’s entirely up to you!
How it works:
- You’ll receive a series of clues on the free APP. Each clue will guide you to a new location where you'll find a hidden word or solve a puzzle.
- Along the way, you'll visit local icons, experience stunning scenery and uncover hidden places.
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with the instructions and the access code. This happens after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- Clues are sequential and written assuming you have no knowledge of the town.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but they’ll cost you a time penalty!.
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
- Suggested team size is 2-4 players. The game is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
Choose from 3 exciting Calgary Adventures:
1. Sculpted in Time - socially distanced version
Help local sculptor Imolda Bronze recover her designs from unscrupulous rival Rob Ansteel. Rob has agreed to return the designs, but only if she can figure out an important date he has hidden around the city using a series of tricky clues leading to a puzzling clock. Imolda needs your help to rescue her designs before it is too late!
• Start location: Downtown Calgary
• Start time: Start any day any time. Just finish before dark!
• Walking distance: Approximately 3km.
• Average time to complete: 90 minutes plus optional breaks.
•What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for walking around town. Dress for the weather.
• Children: This adventure is great for families with older children.
2. Riotous Roundup - On COVID- Hold
A local prankster has stolen animals from the zoo and hidden them all around Calgary’s city centre. He has set a trail of clues for the animals to be found, but he has threatened to set them loose to run wild later today. Unlock the puzzle by finding tricky clues through Calgary’s indoor +15 system rounding up a menagerie of escaped animals.
• Start location: Downtown Calgary
• Start time:Start between 11am and 4pm any day.
• Walking distance: Approximately 2.5km, 90% of which is indoors.
• Average time to complete: 2 hours.
• What you need:At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for walking around town. Dress for the weather.
• Children:This adventure is family friendly.
3. Calgary Airport Caper- On COVID-Hold
Discover new places, quirky secrets and hidden artwork as you work together to solve a series of clues & puzzles. Your mission is to follow a trail of clues around the airport that will find 16 guests flying to a mystery destination. You’ll then use your puzzle-solving skills to determine where they are going. You will see a whole new side of the airport!
• Start location: Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal Hotel (main lobby)
• Start time: Any day of the week between 9:00am and 8:00pm.
• Walking distance: Approximately 2.5 km of flat walking (plus elevators or escalators).
• Average time to complete: 60 to 90 minutes plus optional breaks.
• What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for walking around the terminal. You are not required to go outside.
• Children:This adventure is great for children.
Need to know:
- You are not required to buy anything, however there will be multiple opportunities for shopping and dining if you'd like.
- Please ensure that your phone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost.
- Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- If your battery is weak bringing a phone charger is a good idea. You can charge your phone by speaking to the businesses during scheduled breaks.
If you're looking for fun things to do in Calgary, and you think you have what it takes to solve a mystery, or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone who likes a little bit of adventure, try one of these fantastic Calgary Clue Solving Adventures!
How To Book Your Experience