Explore Banff on a clue solving adventure that transforms this scenic town into a real-life puzzle board, where you and your friends are the game pieces! This SOCIALLY DISTANCED OUTDOOR ADVENTURE is your chance to do some sightseeing with a competitive interactive twist where you have to solve clues to discover local landmarks.
Have fun as you solve clues and discover the best parts of Banff - Safely!
Banff’s streets become your playground in this team treasure hunt activity!
The adventures have been modified from their original version to remove interactions in pubs and other businesses, to remain outside and to allow for effective social distancing. Great fun while social distancing!
Using an app on your smartphone, your Clue Solving Adventure will take you on an adventure around Banff to uncover cool hidden gems. Combining the fun of a scavenger hunt with the clue-solving challenge of an escape room and the added excitement of a race against the clock, this is a brain-teasing voyage of discovery to finding secrets even the locals don’t know.
This is a great experience gift for families, friends, and groups. Whether you choose to race against the clock or simply enjoy the experience as you tour the Banff is entirely up to you!
How it works:
- You’ll receive a series of clues on the free APP. Each clue will guide you to a new location where you'll find a hidden word or solve a puzzle.
- Along the way you'll visit local icons, uncover hidden spots, discover great dining and shopping, and enjoy stunning Banff scenery.
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with the instructions and access code. This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- Clues are sequential and written assuming you have no knowledge of the town.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. (Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but do cost you a time penalty!).
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
- Suggested team size is to 2-4 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
Your exciting Banff Clue Solving Adventure: Treasures of Banff - Socially distance version
A local teacher needs your help in finding the treasure before it falls into the wrong hands. It’s a race against time! Unlock the adventure by finding clues in Banff’s downtown core and surrounding pathways. Be sure to enjoy history, shops and dining opportunities along the way.
• Start location: Downtown Banff
• Start time: Start any day any time. Just finish before dark!
• Walking distance: Approximately 4km on mostly flat roads.
• Average time to complete: 70 -90 minutes.
• What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for walking around town. Dress for the weather.
• Children: The adventure is family friendly.
Need to know:
- You are not required to purchase, however there are multiple opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your phone is charged before you begin. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. You are only required to use the phone for the App - no internet browsing or photos.
- Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses during your scheduled breaks. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
If you're looking for fun things to do in Banff, and you think you have what it takes to solve the clues, or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone who deserves a little bit of adventure in their life, try this fantastic Banff Clue Solving Adventure!
How To Book Your Experience