Take the skies over the spectacular Coast Mountains and Squamish area with an introductory flying lesson. Feel the exhilaration as you take the controls, learn to fly and experience flight.
This is the perfect opportunity to check learning to fly a plane off your bucket list!
Hop into in the co-pilot’s seat and practice the basic manoeuvres and techniques of flight with guidance from your professional pilot instrucotor.
Your one-hour flight lesson begins with a safety briefing and introduction to the plane you'll be flying. Your instructor will taxi the aircraft into position, and head down the run. Up and away you go!
Once airborne, the fun part of learning to fly really begins as you'll get the chance to actually take control of the aircraft! You'll cover over 150 square kilometers, flying 3000 feet above sea level.
As you learn to fly, you’ll be the one in control and you’ll see firsthand why Sea to Sky country is one of the most amazing places to fly in the world.
During your introductory flying lesson, you will:
- Handle the controls of the aircraft
- Navigate your own coastal mountain fight experience
- Learn the basics of banking and turning
No experience required
Each "Pilot" can bring up to 2 additional passengers for an additional cost. (Only one "Pilot" per flight). While you are at the controls, they can enjoy a nearly 360° degree view.
Duration: 60 minutes (30 minutes ground and 30 minutes flight)
When: Available year-round Tuesday - Sunday
Need to know:
- Maximum number of passengers per flight is 3 (including student “pilot”)
- Maximum weight of combined passengers is 600 lbs.
- All ages can be passengers in a flight. Children 2 years or older must have their own seat in the aircraft.
- Dress for the season. Sunglasses are recommended.
- All flights are subject to weather conditions.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to take the controls of an aircraft? Do you know someone who's dream it is to learn to fly a plane? If so then this introductory flying lesson in Squamish, British Columbia is the perfect gift idea for Christmas, their birthday or graduation.
This experience takes place at Squamish, B.C., conveniently located between Vancouver and Whistler VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience