Banff Evening Wildlife Safari
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||NOW OPEN|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
The Evening Wildlife Safari is the perfect opportunity to spot Banff’s amazing wildlife during their most active evening period, all set against the beautiful landscape of the Canadian Rockies.
Keep your eyes peeled for sightings of animals such as elk, sheep, deer, and bears.
For summer 2020 tours will be operating on a private basis, with a minimum of 4 adults in the same family or cohort group.
As the sun sets behind the craggy peaks, the wildlife of Banff National Park become more active in the cool hours before dark. This 2-hour animal-spotting safari will lead you at dusk to the hotspots where you are most likely to see Rocky Mountain creatures.
It is possible to see the following in the park: white tail deer, mule deer, elk, grizzly bears, black bears, eagles, chipmunks, coyotes, wolves, Canadian geese, ducks, osprey, mountain goats, and big horn sheep. Wildlife is spotted 95% of the time on this tour, so this is your best chance to get up close with some of Banff’s wildest residents. Unfortunately, there is a never a guarantee of seeing any animals, but the guides try their best to take you to areas they know animals frequent.
You’ll also learn about how the park protects these animals and their natural habitat from many threats to the ecosystem.
Along the way you’ll also have the chance to step off the bus to take in the scenic views. Your guide will share additional details about these amazing creatures and their unique habitat, along with some of the challenges of trying to protect them. A stop will be made at an interactive touch table to view rare animal artifacts and props.
- The Evening Wildlife Safari is a paved bus tour with little to no walking involved.
- There are a number of routes depending on wildlife activity. Every night is a new adventure.
- An opportunity to see bears, elk, deer, wolves and more.
- Discover the challenges of protecting animals and their habitat in Banff National Park.
- Leave with a greater understanding of the National Park and the animals that live within it.
Season: April through October
- Friendly, certified guide
- Banff hotel pick-up and drop-off
Need to know:
- Small group size (up to 24 guests per guide).
- In the presence of the wildlife, do not step off the bus unless the guide believes it is safe.
- Please bring warm clothes, your camera and any refreshments you may like.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Whether you are looking for a unique gift idea or fun things to do in Banff , the Banff Evening Wildlife Safari is the ticket.
The Banff Evening Wildlife Safari takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book YourExperience