Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary Tour
Experience an up-close and intimate look at wolfdogs and wolves at the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary near Cochrane, Alberta. Learn about the importance of wolves in the ecosystem and how to preserve them in their natural environment.
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary Interactive Tour
Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary Intro Tour
Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary Walk
Get to know wolves and wolfdogs up-close!
Gain a better understanding about wolf behaviour through the wolfdogs at the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary and how their behaviour fundamentally differs from domestic dogs.
Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary is a non-profit organization, located on 160 acres of land just outside of Cochrane, with a current pack of resident wolfdogs and various adoptable wolfdogs.
Choose from three tours, each with the purpose to educate the public on wolfdogs and raise awareness regarding wolf conservation:
Wolfdog Sanctuary Interactive Tour
This is your chance to have an up-close and intimate experience with wolves and wolfdogs. The tour includes a detailed talk in a small group inside two enclosures to understand more about wolves and wolfdog hybrids. The wolfdogs are tame but not domesticated. They will be curious and may approach guests who are relaxed and quiet.
- A semi-private guided sanctuary experience.
- Get up-close and personal with the wolfdogs.
- Lots of opportunities to take pictures.
- Includes the option to go on the Sanctuary Walk either before or after the Interactive tour time.
- Maximum of 10 people per tour.
- Minimum age for participation is 15 years.
- Duration: 45 minutes.
- Available year-round Thursday through Monday.
Wolfdog Sanctuary Intro Tour
This tour takes you inside one of the enclosures to a viewing platform for a 30-minute presentation on wolfdogs from a Sanctuary guide. This a great way to take pictures of one of the packs of wolfdogs with full access to one of the wolfdog experts.
- Entry into one of the wolfdog enclosures (from a behind a short barrier)
- Photograph the wolfdogs from inside their enclosure
- This tour does not include any interaction with the wolfdogs.
- Duration: 30 minutes.
- Minimum age for participation is 10 years.
- When: Available year-round Thursday to Monday
Wolfdog Sanctuary Walk
This tour is an interpretive walk through the Yamnuska Sanctuary allowing you to view the various packs of wolfdogs at your own pace. It is a great opportunity to learn about wolfdogs and wolves and support the sanctuary.
- A self guided walk of the sanctuary. Enjoy the sanctuary at your own pace.
- Photograph the wolfdogs from outside their enclosures.
- There is no interaction with the wolfdogs on this tour.
- Duration: approximately 1 hour.
- Minimum age for participation is 6 years.
- Available year-round Thursday to Monday
Need to know:
- Dress comfortably for the weather of the day as you are outside for the duration of the tour.
- If you are scared of big dogs, these tours are not for you!
- Please do not bring any pets, including dogs, to the Sanctuary.
If you are looking for fun things to do in Calgary or Banff in summer or winter or you are looking for a unique, family fun experience gift idea, this tour is the way to go.
This Alberta wolfdog sanctuary experience takes place at Cochrane, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience