Banff and Its Wildlife Tour with Gondola
Experience stunning viewpoints and watch for Banff’s famous wildlife before ascending by gondola to a mountain summit for 360-degree views over Banff. Spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains await you … without the strenuous hike up to the top.
Discover the beauty of Banff and the Canadian Rockies!
For summer 2020 tours will be operating on a private basis, with a minimum of 4 adults in the same family or cohort group.
This small group tour is the perfect introduction to Banff. On a guided 3-hour bus tour you’ll uncover the secrets of a historic mountain haven with a local guide as you gaze upon stunning views and visit Banff's key landmarks such as the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, Surprise Corner Lookout, Bow Falls, and Banff’s largest lake, Lake Minnewanka.
Often, you are able to view wildlife on the tour. Most commonly seen are white tail deer, elk, mule deer, and big horn sheep. As the animals are wild these sightings cannot be guaranteed but wildlife are spotted on 95% of these tours.
You’ll then travel to the base of Sulphur Mountain and ride the Banff Gondola to the summit, 2,281 metres above sea level, where you’ll discover unsurpassed views of the Bow Valley, Banff and a 360-degree view of six scenic mountain ranges. You will feel like you are on top of the world when you are standing on the spacious main level observation deck. You can walk along the boardwalk to the Cosmic Ray Station and Sanson's Peak Meteorological Station and learn about Canada's first national park.
After your return trip on the Banff Gondola, your guide will bring you back to your hotel.
- Bow Falls - Water crashes over ancient limestone creating a spectacle of sight and sound.
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel - The Castle of the Rockies.
- Surprise Corner - A higher view of the majestic Banff Springs Hotel and Bow Falls.
- Hoodoos Lookout and Bow Valley viewpoint.
- Lake Minnewanka – The largest lake in Banff National Park.
- Bankhead - An abandoned mining town and relic of Banff’s industrial past.
- Banff Gondola - Enjoy an eight-minute journey in a fully enclosed, modern four-passenger gondola cabin up to an incredible mountaintop experience at 2,281 metres (7,486 feet).
Duration: 5.5 hours
When: April - November
- Banff Gondola ticket
- Professional certified guide
- Hands on interpretive tools
- Fresh water and maple cookie snack
- Pick up and drop off from most hotels in Banff.
- Small group size (up to 24 guests per guide)
Need to know:
- The gondola ride is approximately eight minutes each way. You’ll have approximately an hour at the Banff Gondola summit.
- Only half your time is spent on the bus. At every stop you will have the opportunity to get off the bus and stretch your legs. All the viewpoints involve a short walk, including the observation deck at the Banff Gondola.
- The gondola cabins comfortably fit four adults.
Whether you are looking for a unique experience gift idea or fun things to do in Banff, this sightseeint tour with a gondola ride is the ticket.
The Banff and Its Wildlife takes place at Banff Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience