Banff and Its Wildlife Tour with Gondola
Experience stunning viewpoints and watch for Banff’s famous wildlife before ascending by gondola to a mountain summit for 360-degree views over Banff. Spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains await you … without the strenuous hike up to the top.
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Discover the beauty of Banff and the Canadian Rockies!
This small group sightseeing tour is the perfect introduction to Banff. On a guided 3-hour bus tour you’ll uncover the secrets of a historic mountain haven with a local guide as you gaze upon stunning views and visit Banff's key landmarks such as the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, Bow Falls, Surprise Corner Lookout, and Banff’s largest lake, Lake Minnewanka.
Often, you are able to view wildlife on the tour. Most commonly seen are elk, mule deer, white tail deer, and big horn sheep. As the animals are wild these sightings cannot be guaranteed but wildlife are spotted on 95% of these tours.
You’ll then travel to the base of Sulphur Mountain and ride the Banff Gondola to the summit, 2,281 metres above sea level, where you’ll discover unsurpassed views of the Bow Valley, Banff and a 360-degree view of six scenic mountain ranges.
You will feel like you are on top of the world as you are enjoying the newly transformed, state-of-the-art summit facility with interactive interpretive exhibits, a multi-sensory theatre, new restaurants, and a breathtaking 360-degree rooftop observation deck.
After your return trip on the Banff Gondola, your guide will bring you back to your hotel.
- Bow Falls - Water crashes over ancient limestone creating a spectacle of sight and sound.
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel - The Castle of the Rockies.
- Surprise Corner - A higher view of the majestic Banff Springs Hotel and Bow Falls.
- Hoodoos Lookout and Bow Valley viewpoint.
- Lake Minnewanka – The largest lake in Banff National Park.
- Bankhead - An abandoned mining town and relic of Banff’s industrial past.
- Banff Gondola - Enjoy an eight-minute journey in a fully enclosed, modern four-passenger gondola cabin up to an incredible mountaintop experience at 2,281 metres (7,486 feet).
Duration: 5.5 hours
When: Available year-round
- Banff Gondola ticket
- Professional certified guide
- Hands on interpretive tools
- Fresh water and maple cookie snack
- Pick up and drop off from most hotels in Banff.
- Small group size (up to 24 guests per guide)
Need to know:
- The gondola ride is approximately eight minutes each way. You’ll have approximately an hour at the Banff Gondola summit.
- Approximately half your time is spent on the bus. At each stop you will have the opportunity to get off the bus and stretch your legs. All the viewpoints involve a short walk, including the observation deck at the Banff Gondola.
- The gondola cabins comfortably fit four adults.
Whether you are looking for a unique experience gift idea or fun things to do in Banff, this sightseeing tour with a gondola ride is the ticket.
The Banff and Its Wildlife Tour with Gondola takes place at Banff Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience