Victoria Sunset Whale-watching Cruise
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||OPEN - PLEASE SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR DETAILS|
|Where:||Victoria, British Columbia|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Experience seeing majestic whales and other marine wildlife in their natural habitat on this 3-hour sunset whale-watching experience from Victoria, BC.
Avoid the crowds and travel straight to the whales.
Cruise into the harbor from Victoria’s Fisherman’s Wharf with your guide as the sun starts sinking on the horizon. Departing shortly after dinner time, view whales in a unique atmosphere with fewer boats out on the water.
Led by a certified marine naturalist with a passion for the area’s marine wildlife, you’ll have the opportunity to see killer, gray, humpback and minke whales, along with other wildlife like otters, sea lions, porpoises, seals and marine birds, in their natural environment.
You will meet your naturalist/biologist guide at Fisherman’s Wharf and board your choice of either a covered or open boat. With your wildlife identification kit in hand, watch the waves for sightings of majestic whales. The expert guide on board the ship will inform you about each of the animals you spot and provide interesting details about their habits and lifestyle. You can listen to the whales with on-board hydrophones.
The boats maintain a respectful distance from the whales but occasionally these majestic and beautiful creatures like to swim right next to the vessel.
Guaranteed Whale Sightings - Between May and November, the chance of seeing whales is 95–98%. If you do not see any whales, you are invited back on complimentary tours until you see whales!
- On-board naturalist/biologist.
- On-board wildlife identification kit,
- Hydrophones so you can hear the whales.
- Binoculars, sunglasses, sunscreen,hats, gloves, and blankets for a comfortable tour.
- Pick up at all major hotels, bed and breakfasts and hostels in downtown Victoria.
- $5 from every tour goes directly to support local wildlife.
- Whale Guarantee Program
When: Tour daily May - August
Departure point: Fisherman's Wharf Park, Victoria, BC
Need to know:
- Both covered and open boats are equipped with onboard washrooms.
- Tours are not recommended for pregnant women and persons with serious neck and back problems or frail health.
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
- Dry storage is available on board all the boats to keep your items extra safe on wet days.
- Whale watching industry guidelines stipulate that operators remain 200 metres from killer whales in Canadian waters (or 200 yards in US waters) and 100m from baleen whales in Canadian waters (or 100 yards in US waters). Exceptions are made for vessels with their engines turned off when whales approach on their own inside these guidelines.
- Please remember to dress warmly and be prepared for all weather conditions. The ocean air is cooler relative to what you may be experiencing on land in the harbour.
- Your tour provider is a 100% carbon-neutral whale watching company.
Whether you're a first-time visitor to Victoria or a local resident, this whale watching and wildlife tour at sunset is a truly unique experience. Be sure to check this off your list of fun things to do in Victoria, BC.
This Whale Watching and Wildlife Tour takes place at Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience