Discover Vancouver with an exciting clue solving adventure that transforms the city into a real-life puzzle board. Your smartphone will act as your guide as you follow the clues around the city.
Solve clues and have fun discover the best parts of Vancouver!
Combining the clue-solving challenge of an escape room, the fun of a scavenger hunt and the added excitement of a race against the clock, it’s more than just a tour ... it’s an adventure! This interactive, self-guided game is a brain-teasing voyage to discovering secrets that even the locals don’t know!
You’ll receive a series of clues on the free APP. Each clue will guide you to a new location where you'll find a hidden work or solve a puzzle. Along the way, you'll visit local icons, uncover hidden places, discover great shopping and dining, and experience stunning scenery.
This adventure is a great Vancouver activity for friends, families, and groups. Whether you choose to race against the clock or simply enjoy the experience as you navigate your way around Vancouver is entirely up to you!
How it works:
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with the access code and instructions. This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve a puzzle or find a hidden word.
- Suggested team size is 2-4 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
- Clues are sequential and written assuming you have no knowledge of the town. Each clue has several components to look for to guide you towards that clue’s destination.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. (Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but do cost you a time penalty!)
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Choose from 3 exciting Vancouver Adventures:
1. Age of Steam
Follow a trail of clues that lead to a series of numbers to solve the combination to a 100-year old treasure chest – but be warned, it’s tough and there are many fun distractions along the way!
- Start location: Gastown (Downtown Vancouver)
- Start time: Start between 10:00am and 5:00pm any day.
- Walking distance: Approximately 4.5km on mostly flat roads.
- Average time to complete: 2-3 hours plus optional breaks.
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for walking around town. Dress for the weather.
- Children: The adventure is great for families with older children.
2. West Coast Caper
World-renowned local band, The Coastal Capers, are off on their next world tour on a flight later tonight. Rival band, the Landlocked Leadheads, has tried to thwart the tour by hacking the Capers' website and deleting all the dates and locations. Help this world-renowned band find the countries they will be visiting on their new world tour by following a trail of clues around the city. Can you save the day and find the tour itinerary?
- Start location: Downtown Vancouver by the cruise terminal.
- Start time: Any day of the week between 11:00am and 5:00pm (Sundays / holidays between Noon and 4:00pm)
- Walking distance: approximately 2.5 km on mostly flat roads.
- Average time to complete: 1.5 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking in/around town. Dress for the weather.
3. Islands and Bridges
It appears Granville Island has been overrun with wild animals that have taken residence in all its awesome shops, eateries and parks. Unlock the puzzle and save Granville Island by finding tricky clues all over ... and enjoy dining opportunities and shops along the way.
- Start location: Granville Island
- Start time: any day of the week between 10:00am and 4:30pm
- Walking distance: approximately 2 km on mostly flat roads.
- Average time to complete: 1.5 - 2 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking around the terminal. You are not required to go outside.
- Children: This adventure is an excellent adventure for families to explore Vancouver's Granville Island.
Need to know:
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route, however there are multiple opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. You are only required to use the phone for the APP - no internet browsing or photos. Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- You can start any day but must start within a daily time window. Along the way you will interact with several businesses and the start window is set to align with their opening hours.
If you're looking for fun things to do in Vancouver and you think you have what it takes to solve the mystery, or you're looking for a great experience gift for someone who like a little bit of adventure in their life, try this fantastic Vancouver Clue Solving Adventure!
How To Book Your Experience