Vancouver Murder Mystery Adventure in Gastown
Are you ready to solve a murder mystery in Vancouver’s Gastown! Play detective deciphering clues and solving puzzles around Gastown in a scavenger hunt style clue solving mystery with friends and family.
|Price for:||1 Participant|
|Where:||Vancouver, British Columbia|
An outdoor murder mystery played along the streets of Vancouver's Gastown!
This murder mystery adventure in Gastown is like an escape room and scavenger hunt adventure combined. Unlike escape rooms, you are playing outdoors, and the play area is the streets and alleys of Gastown. This Vancouver mystery game takes the scavenger hunt to another level!
Find the clues, solve the mystery, earn your detective badge, and help bring the killer to justice!
You’ll explore Gastown, picking up clues as the mystery unfolds and then report back. A game book will guide you through the story while a map leads you to parts of Vancouver’s Gastown that even locals are surprised to discover. Receive extra points with the Police Chief if you can turn in your police report in under 90 minutes.
The cold case to solve:
Jimmy Capello was stabbed, strangled, and poisoned. Now, it’s up to you and your fellow police officers to find out who killed Jimmy, why, and how. Does your team have what it takes to solve this cold case murder on the streets of Gastown? Solve the murder and earn your detective badge.
- Costumed actors explain the game concept and rules in person.
- Enjoy a fun group or team activity without the stress of organizing.
- Compete against other teams to see who can solve the case first.
- A convenient starting location downtown near Vancouver's Waterfront Station.**
How it works:
- Once you have registered with the experience provider you will receive instructions on how to activate your Murdery Mystery.
- **Your mission begins and ends in downtown Vancouver, a short walk from Waterfront Station. You'll receive the exact starting location and instructions once you've reserved your day/time with the experience provider.
- You’ll rendezvous with the Homocide Detective, who is in costume and in character, to receive your case briefing along with all the crime solving tools you’ll need.
- Groups are divided into teams of 2-6 'police officers' competing against each other in this Amazing Race style game. A team can play alone, or multiple teams can compete against each other.
- A team is always made up of people who signed up together. When more than one team plays at the same time, they compete for the top score. Teams are playing along the same game route but do not interact with each other during the game.
- Groups with 7 or more players are divided into teams competing against each other for the top score.
- Each team gets a game kit with everything they need to play the game: artifacts (clues), a map, tools, and a game book.
- You’ll comb Gastown's streets and alleyways with your fellow detectives, working together to collect clues … and the clock is ticking.
- Report back to the Homocide Detective within the time limit.
Does your team have what it takes to save solve a Gastown cold case murder? This is your chance to explore a fascinating part of Vancouver and see it in a whole new way.
Duration: approximately 2-hours depending on your sense of urgency and detective skills.*
Need to know:
- A minimum of 2 players is required.
- A maximum of 40 people can play at one time.
- The maximum team size is 6 people.
- *Please arrive a few minutes early to get the full 2 hours to solve the mystery.
- Level of difficulty: Intermediate. If you don't solve the murder, you will still earn your detective badge.
- This activity is good for ages 12 and up.
- Participants under 19 years old must be accompanied by one adult (at least 19 years old) during the game. If the adult is not playing the game, they can accompany a team of up to 6 minors for free. Each team with minors requires an adult to accompany them.
- Operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- You will be walking 2 - 2.5 kms. Participants should have a moderate physical fitness level.
If you're looking for fun things to do in Vancouver or you're looking for a fun experience gift for someone who likes scavenger hunts, Vancouver Murder Mystery Adventure is the way to go!
This scavenger hunt - escape room style Vancouver mystery game takes place at downtown Vancouver's Gastown. You'll receive the exact mission starting point when you reserve your time/day with the experience provider.
How To Book Your Experience