Columbia Icefields Parkway & Glacier Skywalk Tour
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||NOW OPEN|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Discover the awe-inspiring majesty of the Columbia Icefield on this exciting daytrip. Ride the Ice Explorer right onto the Athabasca glacier, walk on the ice and step out onto the Glacier Skywalk.
For summer 2020 tours will be operating on a private basis, with a minimum of 4 adults in the same family or cohort group.
The Columbia Icefields Parkway Tour is a full day sightseeing tour that travels through a landscape carved by glaciers and opened by pioneers. The tour travels along the Columbia Icefields Parkway, rated as one of the most scenic highways in the world. You’ll marvel at glaciers remaining from the last ice age while being entertained with stories of early explorers who opened the valleys.
Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch with your choice from a range of sandwiches and salads, complete with fruit, juice, brownies and chips.
Next, you’ll board the Ice Explorer, a six-wheeled behemoth of a vehicle, to take you right onto theglacier, where you're allowed to safely walk on the ice.
Step out onto the Glacier Skywalk, a glass-floored lookout where giant glaciers perch about you and the spectacular Sunwaptcha Valley spreads below. The Glacier Skywalk experience features wildlife, waterfalls, fossils and more on an exciting 1-kilometre walkway that leads to a platform where glass is all that separates you from a 918-foot (280 m) drop.
At every stop, you will have the opportunity to get off the bus and stretch your legs. All of the viewpoints are a short walk (100 m or less) from where the bus parks, but if time allows you will have the opportunity to explore further.
Season: April to October
- Ice Explorer Tour
- Glacier Skywalk admission
- Friendly, certified guide
- Small group sizes
- Hands on interpretive tools
- Hotel pick up and drop off at most Banff hotels and Samson Mall (Lake Louise Village)
- Mountain picnic lunch
Need to know:
- What to wear: Warm clothes, including hats, gloves and warm shoes. It can get very cold on the Athabasca Glacier. We suggest that you dress in layers and according to the weather. For shoes, we would suggest closed toed shoes. It is also recommended to take sunglasses, as it can be very bright on the glacier.
- Early and late season road/trail closures may limit access to some areas.
- Remember your camera!
This full day Columbia Icefield glacier adventure provides you with the perfect opportunity to enjoy the beauty and grandeur of this natural wonder.
The Columbia Icefields Parkway & Glacier Skywalk Tourtakes place from Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book YourExperience