Banff Horseback Ride
Saddle up for the Banff Horseback Ride along the Bow River. It’s the perfect way to relax, get plenty of fresh air and savor the joys of the incredible Banff National Park, home to wildlife amongst the thick marshes and grassy meadows.
|Age restriction:||Minimum age for participation - 8 years|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Banff Horseback Ride - 1 hour Bow River Ride
Banff Horseback Ride - 2 hour Sundance Loop Ride
Banff Horseback Ride - 3 hour Bow Valley Loop Ride
Majestic landscapes await you!
When fur traders began to explore Western Canada, horses were the most efficient way to explore the steep, craggy terrain of this area. These Banff horseback riding tours are designed to give you a taste of what these courageous settlers experienced over 200 years ago.
As you follow the trail, you’ll get to gaze up at sky-piercing mountaintops, thick alpine forests and rolling hills. You might spot a hawk or eagle soaring through the sky. Ride along the tranquil Bow River and past the natural sulphur hot springs flowing from the Cave and Basin, the original historic hot springs.
On the 2 & 3 hour trail rides, you’ll climb Sulphur Mountain and then trot up to the Windy Knoll where you can take spectacular photos of the sweeping landscape. Also, on the 3 hour trail ride, you’ll follow the Sundance Canyon Trail and you'll spend approximately 45 minutes riding through the tranquility of the woods, where you can often spot wildlife.
No prior horseback riding experience is required.
- Explore Banff National Park on horseback like the pioneers did.
- On the longer rides, gaze upon the Bow Valley from a high vantage point and then follow the Bow River upon your return.
Season:Daily May to September, weather and trail conditions permitting
- A friendly horse
- Friendly, professional guide
- All necessary equipment including helmet
Need to know:
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- Maximum weight is 230 lbs.
- Our Banff Horseback Riding Tour provider is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests. This means that the maximum weight and minimum age requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please wear closed toed shoes and long pants. Dress for the weather.
- Children will not be paired with an adult. They must ride their own horse.
- All adult riders must sign a waiver prior to the tour.
- A waiver must be completed by the parent or guardian of any rider under the age of 18.
- Please ensure you arrive 30 minutes before your ride is schedule to depart.
- An understanding of basic English is required for all horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from the guides.
- For safety purposes helmets are provided and are mandatory to be worn by all riders.
- Please note that guests cannot bring a backpack on the horse.
- Don’t forget your camera.
If you are looking for an unforgettable gift or fun things to do in Banff, this Horseback Riding Adventure in Bow Valley is the ticket!
The experience takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book YourExperience