Check a sleigh ride with breathtaking views off your list of fun things to do in Calgary or Banff this winter!
Get settled into the sleigh and relax as your cowboy guide leads you on a sleigh ride at the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Along the way, keep your eyes peeled for local wildlife such as deer, elk, and coyotes as you soak in the views of Banff’s iconic mountain peaks such as Sulphur Mountain and Mount Norquay.
Your memorable excursion includes a fireside warmup stop with a hot drink after you arrive back at the stables (weather and snow conditions permitting).
❤️ For a truly romantic experience, go on the Private Sleigh Ride for 2 in a small 2-seater cutter sleigh, a true one-horse open sleigh experience. The Private Sleigh Ride includes an alcoholic beverage and chocolates to make your ride truly special, with a chance to enjoy a warm drink by the fire after your ride. The is the perfect ride for a romantic date, engagement or a ‘just because” special treat.❤️
Sleigh Ride Highlights:
- Experience breathtaking views of Banff’s snow-covered meadows and the Canadian Rockies.
- Warm up by the fire after the sleigh ride with a warm drink back at the stables.
- Private Sleigh Ride for 2 includes chocolates and an alcoholic beverage.
Duration: approximately 40 minutes plus time by the campfire.
Season: December - March
Need to know:
- Your sleigh will be either a 12 or 18-seater.
- The Private Sleigh Ride is for a maximum of two people.
- There is no age restriction for the public sleigh ride tour and children under 3 are free. However, children under 3 are not guaranteed a seat (they may have to sit on your lap).
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any children under the age of 18.
- Children (under 18 years) and babies are not permitted on the Private Sleigh Ride.
- The sleigh is “open top” so we you wear including a thick winter jacket, hat, gloves and warm boots.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Transport is not provided with this tour, guests must make their own way to the stables, however the location of the sleigh rides is conveniently located close to downtown Banff.
- Food and drink are not provided on the public sleigh ride, however you can warm up by the fireafter the ride with a warm drink back at the stables (weather permitting).
As you take-in the magnificence of Banff, you will soon discover why these are some of the most treasured views in the country! Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Banff or for a unique experience gift, this sleigh ride is the way to go!
The experience takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book YourExperience