Victoria Whale and Wildlife Cruise
TOURS BEGIN OPERATING JULY 01
Victoria, British Columbia
Get up close with majestic whales and other marine wildlife on the Salish Sea with this guided, 3.5-hour eco-friendly whale-watching and wildlife cruise from Victoria.
Enjoy a whale watching cruise from Victoria, BC.
Led by a certified marine naturalist with a passion for the area’s marine wildlife, you’ll have the opportunity to see humpback, killer, gray and minke whales, along with other wildlife like porpoises, seals, sea lions, otters and marine birds, in their natural environment. At a minimum of 3.5 hours, this tour is the longest and most comprehensive whale and wildlife tour available in the industry.
You will meet your naturalist/biologist guide at Fisherman’s Wharf and board your choice of either a covered or open boat. Once out on the water, you move to the observation deck for expansive views of the San Juan and Gulf islands. Watch for seals and porpoises bobbing near the shore and soon you might even see your first whale. The expert guide on board the ship will inform you about each of the animals you spot and provide interesting details about their habits and lifestyle. You’ll be able to listen to the whales with on-board hydrophones.
The boats maintain a respectful distance from the whales but occasionally these beautiful and majestic creatures like to swim right next to the vessel.
Guaranteed Whale Sightings - Between May and November, the chance of seeing whales is 95–98%. If you do not see any whales, you are invited back on complimentary tours until you see whales!
- On-board naturalist/biologist.
- On-board wildlife identification kit,
- Hydrophones so you can actually hear the whales.
- Binoculars, sunglasses, hats, gloves, sunscreen and blankets for a comfortable tour.
- Pick up at all major hotels, bed and breakfasts and hostels in downtown Victoria.
- $5 from every tour goes directly to support local wildlife.
- Whale Guarantee Program
When: Tours available daily year-round
Duration: 3.5 hours
Departure point: Fisherman's Wharf Park, Victoria, BC
Need to know:
- Both covered and open boats are equipped with onboard washrooms.
- Tours are not recommended for pregnant women and persons with serious neck and back problems or frail health.
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
- Dry storage is available on board all the boats to keep your items extra safe on wet days.
- Whale watching industry guidelines stipulate that operators remain 200 metres from killer whales in Canadian waters (or 200 yards in US waters) and 100m from baleen whales in Canadian waters (or 100 yards in US waters). Exceptions are made for vessels with their engines turned off when whales approach on their own inside these guidelines.
- Please remember to dress warmly and be prepared for all weather conditions. The ocean air is cooler relative to what you may be experiencing on land in the harbour.
- Your tour provider is a 100% carbon-neutral whale watching company.
Whether you're a first-time visitor to Victoria or a local resident, there's plenty to see and experience on this whale watching and wildlife tour. Be sure to check this off your list of fun things to do on Vancouver Island, BC.
This Whale Watching and Wildlife Tour takes place at Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience