Toronto Islands Kayaking and SUP Sunset Safari
Experience a unique sunset kayaking or stand-up paddleboard (SUP) safari as you paddle your way through the tranquil waters of the Toronto Islands. As the sun does down light up your kayak or sup board and glow with the flow.
|Age restriction:||Minimum age for participation - 14 years|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Light the night under your SUP board or kayak.
Get ready for an unforgettable sunset and night paddling experience with full control over colours, patterns and brightness of the lights emanating from underneath your kayak or stand-up paddle board.
Your Toronto Islands Sunset Safari tour begins with a 10-minute ferry ride to Wards Island followed by a 5-minute walk to meet your guide. Once you are geared up and ready to go, you can head on the water for some free time exploring Sunfish Cut. When the entire tour group is good to go, your guide will take a group shot with the Toronto skyline in the background and your LEDs lit up with the colour of your choice.
If you are new to paddleboarding, not a problem. No previous experience is required. Instructors will be there to give some quick lessons to ensure you know the skills necessary for a great experience.
Following your guide, you’ll will head out as a group around Snake Island and into Turtle Alley, a beautiful nature spot. The under lighting of your kayak / sup is particularly alluring in this picture area due to the abundant plant life. Small fish and other aquatic life can often be seen swimming beneath you.
Once through Turtle Alley, your Sunset Safari takes you into Snug Harbour, one of the best vantage points to see Toronto’s famous skyline. You’ll see the CN Tower, Toronto’s skyscrapers and Roger’s Centre brilliantly illuminated.
After taking in spectacular night views of the cityscape, you’ll re-enter Toronto Island’s inner waterways at the Royal Canadian Yacht Club, one of Canada’s most renowned yacht clubs. On the way back to home base you may be lucky enough to spot the Baltic Belle shipwreck at certain times of year. This shipwreck is mere feet below the surface but is sometimes hard to see due to aquatic plant growth. You can experiment with colours and brightness of your lights to see if you can get to get more light on the sunken relic.
- Paddle the serene waterways of the Toronto Islands with an illuminated kayak or stand-up paddleboard.
- Experience breathtaking sunset and nighttime views of the Toronto skyline.
- Professional guide
- Kayak or Stand-up Paddleboard (SUP) with under boat / board lighting
- Life jacket (PFD)
- Dry bag for valuables
- LED safety light
When: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays June to September
Duration: 2 hours
- Algonquin Bridge, Wards Island
- Take the Toronto Island ferry to Wards Island (not included). The Jack Layton Ferry terminal is located at the foot of Bay Street at Queens Quay.
- Turn right off the ferry and walk for 4 minutes to the Algonquin Bridge.
Need to know:
- No experience is necessary.
- All necessary equipment is provided.
- Minimum requirement for participation: the ability to swim short distances and tread water even without a lifejacket on.
- Paddleboard / kayaking instructors will be on-hand to assist beginners and anyone new to night paddling.
- Minimum age for participation is 14 years.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult participant authorised to do so by the legal parent or guardian.
- Please bring a swimsuit, long sleeves for on the water, warm dry clothes for afterwards, a towel and water.
- Arrive early to the ferry docks to ensure that you get to the launch site on Wards Island on time.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Toronto, a unique romantic date night or a truly original gift for friends and family, the Toronto Islands Kayaking and SUP Sunset Safari is the way to go!
This Toronto SUP and Kayak at sunset experience takes place at Ward's Island, Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience