Learn to paddleboard in the beautiful setting of the Toronto Islands just minutes from downtown Toronto. This 75-minute Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Lesson is for anyone who is interested in trying out this exciting new water sport! Discover first-hand what all of the fun is all about!
Learn to Paddleboard during this SUP lesson in Toronto.
The introductory SUP lesson is specifically designed for those with little to no experience on the water and is a great way to familiarise oneself with Stand Up Paddleboarding.
While taking the SUP lesson, you will immerse yourself in the beauty of Toronto Islands. A 10-minute ferry ride from the city and you enter a place of parks, beaches, and niche cafes in a quiet, natural setting.
The lesson starts with a dry land portion. You instructor will go over board anatomy, theory, paddling technique, water safety and weather. Once everyone is suited up, you'll head out onto the lake with the certified Paddle Canada SUP Instructor for your lesson.
On the water you will learn positioning on the board, paddling in a straight line, balance, turning and many other techniques to help you get the most out of your lesson. All the necessary equipment is included with this class.
At the end of the lesson you’ll have some free time for discovery and exploration.
Once back on shore, you'll be debriefed and sent on your way to enjoy the park, beach or a meal at one of the Island’s local cafe's.
Learning to Stand Up Paddle Board is a unique experience that is gaining popularity around the world and Wards Island is Toronto’s premier SUP destination.
- Learn Stand Up Paddleboarding techniques.
- Enjoy time on the water amidst the Toronto Islands.
- SUP lesson with a certified Paddle Canada SUP Instructor;
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP), paddle, and life jacket (PFD);
- Dry bag for valuables;
- Small group of up to 6 people.
- Group Lesson: Tuesday – Sunday
- Private Lesson: Tuesday – Friday
Season: May - September
Duration: 75 minutes
- Take the Toronto Island ferry to Wards Island (not included). The Jack Layton Ferry terminal is located at the foot of Bay Street at Queens.
- Weekday classes: Algonquin Bridge - Turn right off the ferry and walk for 4 minutes to the Algonquin Bridge.
- Weekend classes: Wards Beach - Walk straight off the ferry to Wards Beach. Walk past the Wards Island Cafe, past the park and onto the beach.
Need to know:
- No experience is necessary.
- All necessary equipment is provided.
- Minimum age for participation is 14 years.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult participant authorised to do so by the legal parent or guardian.
- Please bring a swim suit, sunscreen, a towel, and water.
- Please arrive changed and ready to go. There are public washroom facilities at the entrance to Wards Beach at the corner of Lakeshore Ave. and Fifth Street.
- Arrive early to the ferry docks to ensure you get to the launch site on Wards Island on time.
Whether you are looking to begin a new hobby, for a unique gift or you have always wanted to try Stand Up Paddle boarding, this introductory Toronto Islands Stand Up Paddleboarding Lesson Islands is the way to go!
This Toronto SUP experience takes place at Ward's Island, Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience