This introductory flying lesson is perfect for anyone who longs to learn to fly and take control of an aircraft. Take off from Barrie, just north of Toronto, and soar through the air over Collingwood, Blue Mountain, Wasaga Beach and Lake Simcoe.
See Barrie from a whole new perspective as you learn to fly!
During this hands-on flying lesson you will actually learn to fly a plane and feel the freedom of flight with a certified instructor by your side. You’ll be at the controls at 2,500 to 3,500 feet at speeds averaging 100 miles per hour.
You'll be flying in a Light Sport Aircraft (Advanced Ultralight Aircraft ), which is ideally suited for flying lessons ( a two-seater aircraft - instructor and participant).
Your personal flying lesson begins with a short briefing and ground school instruction. You'll learn about the basics of aviation and have a pre-flight briefing where you will be introduced to the aircraft and discuss the lesson flight plan and pre-take-off checks.
Your instructor will taxi the aircraft into position, and once they have the all-clear from the tower, will start down the run and up and away you go!
Once airborne, the fun part of the learning to fly really begins! After a demonstration of how to maneuver the aircraft, it's over to you to take control. You'll be in control for most of the flying lesson, practicing gaining and losing altitude, turns, banks and staying on a straight course (easier said than done!). You can stay in control of the aircraft for the whole time if you wish, or have the instructor take over for a few minutes while you take some photos to remind you of your flying lesson.
Once your time in the air is over, the instructor will once again take over for landing. When you are safely back on the ground, you'll carry out post flight checks and have the opportunity to learn how to taxi as you steer the aircraft back to its' berth.
As a final bonus, should you get the flying bug and decide to go on and take your license, this flying lesson actually counts towards your flying time so you'll already be on your way!
Your flying lesson takes off from the Edenvale Aerodrome.
- 20-minute Pre-flight and post flight briefing (in addition to flight time).
- Plane check-out and safety check
Need to know:
- Lessons available daily Monday - Sunday.
- Your flight will depart from and return to the same airport.
- In addition to your flying time, please allow 15-20 minutes for pre-flight briefing, safety check and post-flight briefing.
- Minimum height: 48" / 4 ft.
- Maximum Weight: 275 lbs.
- Flying lesson is weather dependant. It is vital you telephone the flight centre before leaving home.
- Participants under 18 years of age will require the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Participants will be required to sign a liability release and waiver form.
- Spectators are welcome to watch you take off and land.
So, whether you're looking for fun things to do in Toronto's GTA or for a unique gift for their birthday, Christmas or Father's Day, this Learn to Fly experience is the way to go!
Your flying lesson takes place in Barrie, Ontario at the Edenvale Aerodrome, just north of Toronto. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience