Horseshoe Canyon White Water Rafting
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||On COVID-hold for summer 2020|
|Age restriction:||Minimum age for participation - 12 years|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Experience a thrilling white water rafting adventure through Horseshoe Canyon on the Bow River. This half-day white water rafting tour offers adventure lovers rafting thrills and excitement close to Banff, Canmore and Calgary.
Foaming white waters and scenic thrills.
Surrounded by shale cliffs, the Bow River thunders through Horseshoe Canyon. The Horseshoe Canyon section offers spectacular scenery, big waves … up to Grade IV. During the quiet stretches, you lift your eyes skyward and see large birds of prey soaring above. Experience a sense of remoteness while you raft your way through shale canyons and awesome white water. Cliff jumping is also available for the adventure enthusiast!
This white water river rafting trip provides the ultimate way to enjoy the beauty of the Bow River.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Banff or Canmore or for a unique gift, this Horseshoe Canyon White Rafting Adventure is the ticket!
Minimum of 4 people is required.
Duration:4 hours with 1.5 to 2 hours on the water.
Season: May – September
Meeting location: Nakoda Lakeside Lodge
- Professional river guide on each raft.
- Light snack & refreshment.
- Wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rain jacket, wetsuit booties and gloves.
- Safety instruction and practice paddle.
- 1.5 – 2 hrs of river time.
- Optional cliff jump & swim.
- Complimentary photos (online).
Need to know:
- A minimum of 4 people is required.
- Maximum number of rafters per rafter is 7.
- No experience is necessary.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- If the guest is unaccompanied by an adult then the minimum age is 16 years old.
- Every guest needs to sign a waiver form. Any guest under 18 years will also need a parent or guardian signature on the waiver form and an emergency contact number if the Parent/ Guardian is not joining them on the river.
- Minimum weight: 90lbs, Maximum weight: 350 lbs
- Glasses or sunglasses – are not recommended unless secured by eyeglass holders or retainers.
- Trips run rain or shine.
- What to bring: swimsuit, towel, bag, toque/beanie/woolly hat on colder days, a change of clothes including a fleece, and sunscreen.
So whether you are looking for a new way to enjoy Alberta’s great outdoors, or for a unique gift, this Horseshoe Canyon White Water Rafting experience is the ticket!
The white water rafting tripstakes place near Kananaskis, Alberta.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience