Embark on a clue solving adventure where you and your friends are the game pieces in a real-life puzzle board! Using a smartphone as your very own personal tour guide, explore and discover Edmonton as you test your knowledge, uncover city hot spots, and have lots of fun!
Discover Edmonton’s secrets on a scavenger hunt style tour.
Solve the clues and unlock the adventure!
Your Clue Solving Adventure guides you along a route through downtown Edmonton. When you combine the thrill of a scavenger hunt with the clue-solving challenge of an escape room and then add the excitement of racing against the clock, it’s much more than just a tour. This adventure game is a brain-teasing voyage of discovery and finding secrets that even the locals don’t know.
You’ll receive a series of clues on the free App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a new location where you'll find a hidden word or solve a puzzle. Along the way you'll uncover hidden spots, local icons, discover great shopping and dining.
This adventure is a great experience for families, friends, and groups. Whether you choose to race against the clock or simply enjoy the experience as you tour the town is entirely up to you!
Choose from 2 exciting Edmonton Adventures:
1. Trail of Champions
The 'City of Champions' is about to honour another of its triumphant sporting teams, but the beaten finalists from a rival city have stolen the roster of names from a local engraver. Can you find them in time for the trophy presentation? Discover hidden artwork and new pathways as you work together to solve puzzles and uncover a themed trail of clues leading around the downtown Pedway system. This is a fun way to explore Edmonton's downtown while staying indoors!
- Start location: Downtown Edmonton
- Start time: Start between 10am and 5pm Mondays to Saturdays and between 12pm and 4pm on Sundays.
- Walking distance: Approximately 2km through malls and the Pedway system, with some stairs.
- Average time to complete: 90 minutes plus breaks.
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for walking in/around town. There is minimal time spent outdoors, but you should be aware of the weather.
- This adventure is excellent for children and families.
2. Downtown Detectives
The year is 1899, and Edmonton is in shock as a criminal mastermind has threatened the assassination of a local dignitary. You and your friends must solve the clues and stop the crime!
- Start location: Downtown Edmonton
- Start time: Any day of the week between 12:00am and 3:00pm
- Walking distance: approximately 2.5 km of flat walking
- Average time to complete: approx. 2 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking in/around town. Dress for the weather.
- Children: Not recommended for children under 12 due to the difficulty of the clues.
How it works:
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with instructions and access code.This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Download the free App and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve a puzzle or find a hidden word.
- Suggested team size is 2-4 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
- Clues are written assuming you have no knowledge of the town and are sequential. Each clue has several components to look for to guide you towards that clue’s destination.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. (Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but do cost you a time penalty!)
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Need to know:
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route. There will be opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. You are only required to use the phone for the App. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- Additional phones can be added at no extra cost.
- Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks.
If you're looking fun things to do in Edmonton, and you think you have what it takes to solve the clues, or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone craves a little bit of adventure in their life, try this fantastic Edmonton Clue Solving Adventure!
How To Book Your Experience