Big Canoe Tour + Horseback Riding, Kananaskis
Experience the spectacular beauty of the Canadian Rockies on both land and water. Journey back into time and learn to be a Voyageur in a Big Canoe. Then saddle up for a horseback ride through wooded trails and past glistening ponds.
|Age restriction:||Minimum age for participation - 6 years|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Big Canoe Tour + Horseback Riding - Adult
Price show is per person.
Big Canoe Tour + Horseback Riding - Youth
Price show is per person. Youth = 10 - 17 years.
Big Canoe Tour + Horseback Riding - Child
Price show is per person. Child = 6 - 9 years.
A great experience for families looking for a fun, interactive adventure.
This unique tour will expose you to a multi-faceted experience amidst incredible surrounding.
First, you will arrive at Barrier Lake Day Use Area and step into a large canoe and set off for a leisurely paddle along the rugged shoreline of Barrier Lake, surrounded by mountain views, fresh air, and if you watch carefully, some wildlife. With a certified guide, experience paddling, portaging and lighting a no-match fire.
Once you’ve returned to shore, you’ll make your way to Boundary Ranch for a 1-hour horseback ride in the heart of cowboy country in the midst of the Canadian Rockies.
No previous canoeing experience is necessary.
What to expect
- 9:45 am – You’ll meet your Guide at Barrier Lake.
- After being fitted for life jackets you'll head down to the water.
- Soak in the and beautiful towering mountains and fresh mountain air on your leisurely paddle.
- At the far end of the lake, you’ll get out onshore to stretch your legs and try your hand at no-match fire building.
- 12:00 pm – You’ll return to the initial meet location..
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm Horseback Ride
- Certified guide for both activities.
- Life jacket, paddle, and canoeing instruction.
- All necessary gear/instruction for horseback riding.
- Big Boat Canoe Tour: approximately 2-hours
- Horseback Ride: 1-hour
When: June - August tours daily
Need to know:
- Transportation is not provided to and between canoe-horseback locations. You must provide your own transportation.
- Following the Big Canoe Tour, you will have time for a self-sufficient picnic lunch, or time to enjoy one of the various restaurants in the valley before your horseback riding experience. (Not included).
- Participants should be able to swim.
- Minimum age for participation is 6 years.
- All trail rides are kept at a walking pace for your comfort and safety.
- One rider per horse.
- We don’t recommend riding during pregnancy.
- 225lbs maximum weight restriction.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do outdoors or for a unique gift, this Big Canoe Tour + Horseback Riding is the way to go!
This experience takes place at Kananaskis, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience