Observe the magnificent Brackendale bald eagles up close on a gentle river float trip down the Cheakamus and Squamish Rivers. Experience firsthand the world's largest gathering of bald eagles.
There is no better way to get a closer view of majestic bald eagles than from a scenic float down the rivers of Squamish.
From November through February, you can watch the largest convocation of bald eagles in the world coming to feast on spawning wild salmon from a unique perspective as you sip on a hot beverage, and gently float down the river. Warm up afterwards with a warm bowl of chilli by the fire at the cozy wilderness base.
March and April often bring sightings of deer, elk, bears, wolves, cougars, and more along with views of the famous Stawamus Chief, snow-capped mountains, spring-melt waterfalls, and the old-growth forest.
On average, 1300 eagles per year migrate to Brackendale Eagles Provincial Park and the Squamish Valley. 1994 had a record count of 3769 eagles. Could this year break that record?
The Winter Eagle Viewing Float experience down the Squamish and Cheakamus Rivers is an especially memorable experience gift for anyone interested in wildlife, photography, and bird watching.
This gentle river float is fun for all ages and ability levels.
$5 from every booking is donated to the Squamish Environment Society's Eagle Watch Volunteer Program.
- A fun winter activity viewing bald eagles and wildlife as you float down the river.
- Experience the beautiful Squamish and Paradise valleys firsthand with a guide.
- All required river and safety gear.
- A professional and knowledgeable river guide.
- A warm drink and hearty snack (warm bowl of chilli).
- Free Whistler and Squamish transfers available upon request.
Duration: 3.5 hours round trip, with 1 hour on the water.
When: November 15 through April
The eagle population in Squamish Valley is greatest from November 15- February 15.
Daily departures 11:00am (subject to availability)
Need to know:
- Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Minimum weight is 50 lbs.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. It is recommended you dress in layers and prepare for cold conditions while on the water.
- Complimentary wet weather gear and gum boots are provided as needed.
- A professional photographer will also be taking photos of your adventure along the way which will be available for purchase at the end of your tour.
- Free round-trip shuttle from Whistler and Squamish.
- Shuttle from Downtown Vancouver available for $40 per person. This can be purchased when you reserve your tour time with tour provider.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Squamish this winter or for a unique experience gift, the Winter Eagle Viewing Float experience is the ticket ... don't forget your camera!
This Winter Eagle Viewing Float experience takes place at Squamish, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
Read Being Tazim’s review of their experience on Winter Eagle Viewing Float in Squamish, British Columbia.
How To Book Your Experience