Experience the spectacular winter scenery of the Whistler backcountry on a guided snowshoe tour through old growth forests and backcountry trails. Choose the route to match your fitness level and follow your guide deep into Whistler’s snowy wilderness.
No experience is necessary. If you can walk, you can snowshoe!
A professional guide will lead you through the snowy wilderness, telling you about local wildlife and bring you to breathtaking views of the alpine forest. Or you can wander through old-growth woods and take a break to warm up with a hot beverage.
Natural Mystic Tour:
This tour is perfect for first timers. In an open air 4x4 vehicle, you’ll go high up Rainbow Mountain for a guided trek through a beautiful coastal rainforest and experience spectacular views over some of the highest peaks in the Whistler backcountry. Your experienced guide will lead you through undulating terrain in the tranquil and pristine wilderness, teaching you about the local environment.
- Duration: 2.25 hours (round trip from Cougar Mountain base) with approximately 1 hour snowshoe time.
Ancient Cedars Tour:
Experience the peace and solitude of freshly fallen snow while snowshoeing through the legendary Ancient Cedars trail. Your professional guide will explain the history of the area and point out a variety of mammoth trees, some over 1000 years old. With stunning views, frozen waterfalls, and a satisfying snack break along the way, this snowshoe tour has something for everyone.
- Duration: 3.5 hours (round trip from Cougar Mountain base) with approximately 1.75 hours snowshoe time.
- Adventurous snowshoe tour through wintery Whistler landscape.
- Encounter native wildlife.
- Experience spectacular views.
- Professional guide
- Winter boots if you do not have your own
- Snack and a warm drink on the Ancient Cedars Tour
- December to mid April, subject to snow conditions.
- Natural Mystic Tour: Tours Daily, Weekdays: 10:00am Weekends: 10:00am and 1:00pm
- Ancient Cedars Tour: Tours Daily, Weekdays: 1:00pm Weekends: 12:30pm
Need to know:
- Children minimum ages: 6 – 12 years old for the Natural Mystic Tour and 8 – 12 years old for the Ancient Cedars Tour
- Snowshoeing tours will run in all weather conditions unless it is deemed unsafe.
- All trekkers are required to sign a legal release of liability waiver.
If you are looking for fun winter activities to do with family and friends, this Whistler snowshoeing adventure is the ticket!
The Whistler Snowshoeing Tour takes place at Whistler, British Columbia.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience