Discover the mouth-watering flavors of some of the best places to eat in Vancouver on a walking food tour of Gastown. Experience the savory tastes, sounds, and sights of Gastown’s many superb eateries, shops, and pubs.
Explore the tastes of Gastown, the cultural and historic heart of Vancouver!
Discover the culinary offerings of Vancouver’s oldest neighbourhood on a walking food tour led by an improv comedian with a passion for Vancouver and food. They’ll share stories and facts from Gastown’s Wild West history, and how the area has transformed into a hip urban hub for Vancouver foodies.
You’ll enjoy this culturally rich area while sampling Japanese Kar-Age style chicken, freshly made Sicilian Tortellini with wine, tasty pork and potato croquette, freshly made Sicilian Tortellini with local wine, tasty pork and potato croquette, crispy sweet and chili cauliflower, and yummy desserts such as creamy awarding winning cheesecake, organic smooth soft ice cream and a delicious lemon bar!
- Lots of tasty treats as you explore the local streets on a walking food tour of Gastown.
- A walking tour led by an improv comedian as well as a Vancouver foodie.
- Discover some of the best places to eat in Vancouver.
- A yummy tour for all ages and family friendly.
- 8 delicious stops for tastings (6 food, 1 beer, 1 wine)
- Professional, entertaining tour guide
Duration: 2.5 hours
When: Tours available daily year-round*
*subject to availability
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options are available upon request. Please note that the tour tastings may include products that contain gluten, dairy, seafood, nuts, eggs, and other allergens. Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Minimum drinking age is 19 years. Non-alcoholic options available.
- The tour is at a very casual pace and runs for 5 to 6 city blocks (and you can sit down at a few venues).
- Tours are held rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather of the day and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Accessibility: Unfortunately, this tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs or strollers due to the many narrow sidewalks, uneven cobblestone streets and certain staircases that are used when entering food partner establishments.
Does this tour have anything to offer local Vancouverites? Definitely! Vancouver foodies often attend to learn about the history, the new restaurants and out of the way eateries that they didn’t know about.
Whether you are looking for a unique gift, fun things to do in Vancouver, or to discover great places to eat in Vancouver, this food tour is the ticket!
This Gastown Food Tour takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience
Click here to read Mumfection's review of Vancouver Food Tour of Gastown.