Ultimate Montreal Chocolate Tour
Discover the sweet side of Montreal on the Ultimate Montreal Chocolate Tour. Go behind the scenes with the people who live and breathe chocolate on a 4-hour guided walking tour.
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Experience Montreal's internationally renowned bean-to-bar craft chocolate scene and chocolate!
Meet the chocolate makers and connoisseurs of Montreal, including a chocolatier, a Mexican retailer and chef. You'll taste at least nine types of chocolates along the way. Stroll through the Plateau and Mile-End as you learn about the Mesoamerican and colonial origins of chocolate, its industrial production and the bean-to-bar movement. You’ll have sweet tastings at each stop, and get to spend some time chatting with the owners about the subtleties of high-quality chocolate.
This delicious confectionery experience begins when you meet your local and friendly chocolate-loving guide at a chocolate factory, a bean-to-bar chocolate maker's production site. You’ll learn about their chocolate making process and listen to the owner's personal story, all the while tasting three chocolates, made mostly with single-origin beans.
Next, you’ll walk to a small Mexican restaurant in the the Mile-End neighborhood where you’ll enjoy a light savory chocolate-based meal with mole tamales, agues frescas and traditional Mexican chocolate while learning about of the role of chocolate in Mesoamerica during the Colonial period. You’ll have the opportunity to meet the owner and chef of the restaurant and peruse her privately imported Mexican products.
The tour continues through the Mile-End with a quick stop at a historic site to learn about the history of the neighborhood. From the Mile-End, you’ll head over to Montreal’s hippest neighbourhood, Mile-Ex, for a tasting of two cocktails or virgin cocktails.
The tour wraps up at a bean-to-bar boutique for a cocoa drink and a tasting of chocolate confections made with single origin chocolate. You’ll taste three very different chocolates with an explanation of how to sample them and a tasting wheel to help with the vocabulary for chocolate tasting.
- Learn about chocolate's origins and history from very passionate Montreal chocolate connoisseurs.
- Learn about bean-to-bar and chocolate confection production.
- 4-hour chocolate tasting walking tour of Montreal.
- Tasting at least 9 chocolates, a chocolate infusion, and a light savory chocolate-based meal.
- A knowledgeable and entertaining guide.
- All preselected food and drink.
Duration: 4 hours
When: Available year round Tuesdays*
Need to know:
- Tours times/days subject to availability.*
- A moderate amount of walking is involved: 2.5 kilometres. Be sure to wear appropriate footwear.
- This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years or pregnant women as there is a lot of caffeine.
- Please advise of dietary restrictions and food allergies when you reserve your tour time. The tour provider will do their best to accommodate your needs. The tour will not be able to accommodate diabetics.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour runs year-round regardless of weather conditions. You will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
- The tour finishes 1 kilometre from the start.
This tasty tour is a great way to see a totally different side of Montreal and makes a perfect experience gift for chocolate lovers. Why not give them the sweetest afternoon the city has to offer with this ultimate chocolate tasting tour?
This unique food tour takes place at Montreal, Quebec. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience