Discover the sweet side of the city on Toronto’s Ultimate Chocolate Tour. Join your expert guide on a 3-hour guided walking tour through several Toronto neighbourhoods, visiting a variety of boutique stores and sampling chocolates & chocolaty treats like macarons and more.
If you love chocolate, this is the tour for you!
Discover your new, favorite dessert place in Toronto.
During this delicious confectionary experience, you’ll learn about where chocolate comes from, how chocolate is used in other foods, and why we crave chocolate, all the while, satisfying those cravings! Your guide will introduce you to some of Toronto’s most popular as well as lesser known chocolate treasures. Your experience includes an exclusive chocolate-making demonstration by an award-winning chocolatier.
Toronto (and Canada) is fairly young in the chocolate industry, compared to cities like Paris and London. SOMA Chocolate, one of the tour partners, has won several awards at the International Chocolate Awards and the Academy of Chocolate. Suma’s 2 stores boast a huge variety of chocolate bars from different cacao origins, which sometimes makes it hard to decide which chocolate to purchase.SOMA Chocolate is one of the handful of chocolate makers in Toronto, who import cocoa beans and make the chocolate from scratch, experimenting with various techniques to tease the best flavours out of the beans.
In contrast, most of the chocolate shops in Toronto work with high quality couverture chocolate from companies such as Cacao Barry, Callebaut and Valrhona, mixing various chocolate with flavours and nuts to form their own beautiful creations.
On the tour, you'll get a good representation of both types of chocolate shops, visiting chocolatiers who work with chocolate in a variety of ways.
Fear not though, your chocoholic guide will walk you through how to choose and taste chocolate while on the tour!
At the end of the tour, you’ll leave with a Toffle™, a new creation exclusive to this this tour provider. A reflection of the flavours of Toronto and Canada, the Toffle™ is a decadent cross between a chocolate truffle and a maple butter tart.
- Exclusive chocolate tasting lesson.
- Chocolate tasting lesson.
- Sampling of chocolates & chocolate-based goodies.
- Guided tour on the history of chocolates & more.
- Introduction to a selection of chocolaty stores.
- Chat with chocolate shop owners & chocolatiers.
- Bring home a Toffle™, a new Toronto dessert only available on this tour.
Duration:3 hours approx.
Maximum Group Size: 5 people
When:April thru DecemberSaturdays and Sundays 2pm
Where does the tour begin and end?
This tasty walking tour begins close to King/Spadina and ends near College/Spadina. The start and end stops are within 20 minute walk from each other, both are conveniently located near streetcar stops. You will receive the address of the starting point when you reserve your tour with tour provider.
Need to know:
- This is a food tour and not a historical tour.
- The tour can be made gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan. Nut-free samples are available at all locations but may contain trace amounts of nuts. Other restrictions may be accommodated on a case by case basis. Please mention any dietary restrictions when reserving your tour with the tour provider.
- Walking Difficulty: Medium, 5 - 20 minutes walk between stops. End point is 20 minute walk from start point.
- It might be a little crowded in some of the smaller stores.
- Tours run in all weather conditions short of life-threatening inclemency. Please always check the weather forecast beforehand and come prepared.
- Bring an appetite and some extra cash if you'd like to buy more yummies.
- Tours are subject to change at provider's discretion.
- If you enjoy the tour, please tip your tour guide to thank them for their good work!
Whether your preference is for dark chocolate, white chocolate or milk chocolate, you'll find something to love on this tour.
If you are looking to discover the best dessert places in Toronto or for a unique gift, this top-rated Toronto chocolate tasting tour is the ticket!
Toronto's Ultimate Chocolate Tour takes place in Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience