The Vancouver Art Deco and Chocolate Tasting Tour
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||On COVID-hold for summer 2020|
|Where:||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Age restriction:||Minimum age for participation - 14 years|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Stroll through downtown Vancouver of the 1920s and '30s to learn the riveting stories of fame, mystery and murder behind the city’s best Art Deco architecture. Indulge in decadent delicacies at two of the finest chocolatiers in Vancouver.
Glamour! Deceit! Intrigue!
Whether you’re a newcomer to the city or a local, you will discover something new onThe Vancouver Art Deco and Chocolate Tasting Tour. From the streamlined sophistication of the Vogue Theatre, to the ornate decadence of the Marine Building, to the mosaics and minarets of the Commodore Ballroom, and much more in between, this is your opportunity to unlock the history of these remarkable buildings.
Your expert local guide will share the remarkable story of each place you visit. You’ll hear how Art Deco swept out of Paris in the 1920s and took North America by storm. It’s the story of how war, immigration, technology, social upheaval, fashion, and archeology succeeded in tearing up the rule book on architecture.
Your tour starts with meeting your entertaining guide at the Vogue Theatre, a streamlined beauty built on rum-running money. You’ll walk along Granville Street to the fabulous Commodore Ballroom, inspired by ancient middle eastern temples, to the Power Block, rich in the colours of ancient Egyptian artistry.
Next up, hear tales of murder and fame at the Vancouver Art Gallery, marvel at a truly gigantic pendulum, and solve the mystery of the three Hotels Vancouver. Then its off to the long-lost Georgia Medical & Dental Building before your final stop at the incredible Marine Building, where you’ll enjoy a private viewing of the beautiful lobby.
As a further feast for the senses, you’ll visit two award-winning Vancouver chocolatiers who serve up locally made hand-crafted chocolate at its finest. You’ll learn first-hand why Vancouver is making a name for itself in the international chocolate scene.
- See the Commodore Ballroom, Marine Building and more impressive Vancouver Art Deco buildings.
- Enjoy world class chocolate tastings.
- Step back in time to the roaring twenties and see Vancouver’s earliest skyscrapers.
- Be entertained with tales of bootlegging, scandal, and murder.
- Professional local tour guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Chocolate samples
Duration: 2.5 hours
- December, January - March: Saturdays at 10:00am
- April – November: Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 10:00am
Need to know:
- Suitable for ages 14+.
- In the summer please bring a sweater or jacket. It can get chilly in the evenings. In the spring or fall please bring a hat and gloves.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- The tour happens rain or shine. It is recommended you bring an umbrella.
- The maximum number of participants on this tour is 20 people.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Vancouver or a unique experience gift, the Art Deco and Chocolate Tasting Tour is a must-do for both chocolate fans and history buffs alike!
The unique guided sightseeing tour takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience