Slide behind the wheel of a race car for an adrenaline-fueled, high octane stock car racing experience at Kawartha Downs and Speedway. See for yourself the speed and power that these stock car racing machines bring to the table. Buckle up and hang on for the racing experience of your life!
Experience the thrill of Stock Car racing!
For the diehard NASCAR fan in your life, the awesome gift of an authentic stock car racing experience is one they'll always remember. Make that dream come true at Kawartha Downs and Speedway.
With in-depth race car driving instruction, the NASCAR driver in your life will never forget the thrill of putting 500 horse power of racing machine through its paces around an exciting track.
Become a NASCAR driver for the day
From the moment you arrive and are fitted out in your authentic racing suit, boots and helmet, the dream of becoming a pro stock car driver becomes a reality. You’ll begin with a pre-race briefing. Listen intently as you learn all there is to know on how to tame the track and get the most out of your mean racing machine. Then it's time to climb behind the wheel of your highly tuned 400 horse power NASCAR proven stock car. Your mind will be focused on one thing only - SPEED!
The driving experience of a lifetime!
The stock car racing experience utilizes a dedicated and knowledgeable staff, beautiful NASCAR race cars, and state of the art technology to complete your unforgettable car racing experience.
The checkered flag has been waved for the 2019 season.
Buckle up! 2020 season dates coming soon.
THIS EXPERIENCE HAS LIMITED SPACE AND ONLY SELECTED DATES TO CHOOSE FROM.
*Dates are subject to change
Some of the same race cars you have seen on TV in the NASCAR Sprint Cup & Nationwide series. All of the cars are standard transmission. If you need help operating a standard vehicle our pit crews will help you leave the pit area and get you up to speed quickly.
- The cars have an integrated tube chassis built from the ground up for safety and speed.
- The Late Models are designed from day one to race on smaller short ovals.
- The strong chassis is combined with a fiberglass body making the cars lighter and quicker than the bigger NASCAR style Cup cars used at bigger ovals.
- The design of the cars combined with their light weight and incredible power to weight ratio make them a thrilling choice on the short ovals.
- The chassis is combined with a GM crate motor making approximately 400 hp, it is a combination that will take your breath away as the car rockets off the corner.
How fast will I be able to go?
- Each level of experience has a target speed, and the speeds will vary according to a driver’s individual performance.
Do I need any prior racing experience?
- No racing experience is required
- You must have a valid driver’s license to participate in the driving experiences.
Are there any age requirements?
- Students must be at least 18 years old to participate in our driving programs
- In the Ride Along programs riders must be 14 years old to participate plus be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
What is provided?
- All participants are provided with a Driver’s Suit, Helmet (with one way radio communication) and a HANS Device.
What to wear?
- Participants need to wear closed toe shoes & clothes that will be comfortable under the Driver’s/Rider’s suit.
Are there weight and height restrictions?
- NASCAR race cars don’t have doors. All Driver’s & Rider’s must have the ability to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Drivers must be at least 5′ tall. Maximum height is 6′ 4″.
- Waist and chest can be no bigger than 52".
What if I damage the car?
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $60.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible.
- You can purchase optional insurance at the track on the day of your event.
- Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare.
What if it rains?
- Please note that this experience is dependent on weather. Should your date be cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be honored for a future date but no refunds can be issued.
If you are looking for an unforgettable birthday, Father’s Day or Christmas gift idea for him that he will always remember THIS IS IT! If you are searching for a unique idea for their bachelor or bachelorette party a NASCAR style stock car driving experience is the perfect way to get the stag party day started. They will never forget this adrenaline filled race day you gave them!
Your stock car racing experience takes place at Kawartha Downs and Speedway, Peterborough, Ontario VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience