Experience a once-in-a-lifetime floatplane sightseeing tour to an alpine beach at the base of a glacier. Discover the awesome beauty of British Columbia’s Coast Mountains surrounding Squamish and the Sea to Sky Corridor during a 90-minute adventures that includes landing at Phantom Lake.
Get a bird's eye of view of British Columbia’s mountains on this spectacular scenic flight.
Soaring through the skies over British Columbia’s backcountry is about as exciting an experience as you can possibly imagine. The views are amazing and the experience intimate. The advantage to flying in the four-seater floatplane is that everyone gets a window seat and you get an almost 360° view. During the flight you can chat with your pilot via your personal two-way headset or simply sit back and enjoy the view.
After flying through the Coast Mountains, you’ll land on the dazzling, emerald green waters of Phantom Lake, high in the peaks of the mountains. The only way to access Phantom Lake is by floatplane. Say goodbye to the crowed beaches, busy trails, and say hello to your own private floatplane tour with a personal pilot.
Your pilot will taxi you over to the scenic, untouched alpine beach where you can enjoy swimming, taking photos or just relax in the tranquility of this remote surrounding. A popular activity is to bring your own picnic for a tasty treat or a memorable alpine lunch.
About Phantom Lake: At one end, water feeds into the lake from the nearby ancient glaciers of Mt Tzoonie Mountain and Mt. Jimmy Jimmy, while at the other end it escapes via a towering cascading waterfall.
- Experience flying in the Squamish mountains with the thrill of takeoff and landing on a spectacular en alpine lake.
- Fly up to 4500 feet above sea level covering an area of over 150 kilometers.
- Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime trip to a remote alpine beach at the base of a glacier.
Duration: 90 minutes
When: May to October (depending of when the lake thaws / freezes)
Need to know:
- Flights depart from Squamish Airport.
- Minimum number of passengers per flight is 2.
- Maximum number of passengers per flight is 3.
- Maximum weight of combined passengers is 600 lbs.
- All ages can participate in a flight. Children 2 years or older must have their own seat in the aircraft.
- Simply dress for the season. Sunglasses are recommended.
- All flights are subject to weather conditions.
Whether you live in the Vancouver area or you’re visiting for the first time, this Squamish Floatplane Tour is a great way to experience the Coast Mountains and makes the perfect experience gift for every occasion.
Breakaway Experiences Blog: Interview with Sea to Sky Air
The Squamish Floatplane Tour takes place at Squamish, British Columbia , conveniently located between Vancouver and Whistler VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience