Sake A to Z Tour in Toronto’s Distillery District
Minimum age for participation - 19 years
Discover the process of making sake, it’s history and taste fresh sake. Your tour includes a premium tasting flight of fresh, unfiltered and unpasteurized Japanese Sake paired with traditional ‘izakaya’ dishes from Boku Noodle Bar.
Experience sake like never before!
This unique tasting tour offers you the opportunity to explore Toronto’s Distillery District with an expert guide and have an opporunity to see inside Canada’s first local sake brewery.
You’ll learn about the Distillery District’s interesting past as North America’s largest distillery. Your guide, a certified sake professional, will teach you about the ingredients that go into sake, the history of the drink, the unique terminology, grades, and the process of how it is made.
Next, delve into sake with a premium tasting flight of 5 Japanese Sake. Discover first hand how sake is famously food friendly with modern and traditional ‘izakaya’ dishes from Boku Noodle Bar. You’ll leave a sake master being able to discern between sake styles!
- Expert guide with sake certification.
- A historical tour of Toronto’s famous Distillery District.
- Sake seminar with 5-part tasting.
- Traditional Japanese bar snacks.
Duration: 2 hours
When: Available year - round Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays 12:00pm – 2:00pm Available year-round
Meeting location: Boku Noodle Bar, 42 Gristmill Lane, Toronto
Need to know:
- Minimum age is 19 years.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
- Maximum number of participants per tour is 12 people.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
This sake brewery experience in Toronto’s Distillery District is a great experience gift for any lover of Japanese food and wine. The tour makes a great afternoon out with friends and is sure to open your eyes to the delicious world of sake.
This Sake tour in the Distillery District takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience