Lace up your walking shoes, bring your appetite for fun and get ready to taste your way through the flavours of North Vancouver's Shipyards District neighbourhood. On this tasty 2.5-hour North Vancouver food tour you will learn about the early ship building industry and other settlers to the area as you savor a delicious culinary experience.
Eat your way through the Shipyards District on a North Vancouver Food Tour !
North Vancouver’s Lower Lonsdale neighborhood hosts an emerging foodie scene. A scenic fifteen-minute Seabus ride from Vancouver’s waterfront centre will bring you to Vancouver’s north shore and the celebrated Lonsdale Quay market.
Enjoy a 2.5-hour long walking food tour led by a passionate tour guide who will take you through Lonsdale Quay Market and the surrounding ship yard area. While sampling some delicious foods from local vendors, you will get to know the exciting Lower Londale area (LoLo) and learn about the historic ship yards.
After the tour you can enjoy North Vancouver's natural beauty with a trip to the Deep Cove or Lynn Valley Canyon.
What you will be tasting:
- Candied salmon
- Brie and pear pizza
- Turkey meat loaf
- Local BC wines and craft beer
- Freshly made guacamole and salsa
- Gluten free goodies
- Craft beer with deepfried pickles
Doesthis tour have anything to offer local Vancouverites?Definitely! Many of the tour attendees live right in Vancouver. Locals often take the tour to learn about the history, the new restaurants and out of the way eateries that they didn’t know about.
- 10 stops
- All food and beverage tastings
- Professional tour guide
Duration: 2.5 hours
When: Saturdays 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Need to know:
- Tour size: up to 16 persons. A minimum of four guests is required for a tour to commence.
- Gratuities are not included.
- Minimum drinking age is 19 years.
- The tour is at a very casual pace and runs for 5 to 6 city blocks (and you can sit down at a few venues).
- Please note that tastings on the tour may include products containing gluten, dairy, seafood, eggs, nuts, and other allergens. Vegetarian options are available on this tour.
- Tours are held rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather of the day of your tour and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Once a ticket has been reserved, you cannot reschedule your tour date. Your space has been reserved and guaranteed for you for that tour.
- Accessibility: This tour is wheel chair accessible.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts to meet the other guests and to get an overview of the tour before it starts.
So whether you are looking for a unique gift or a fun afternoon of Vancouver sightseeing and discovering great places to eat in Vancouver, this food tour is the ticket!
The North Vancouver Shipyards District Food Tour takes place in Lower Lonsdale, British Columbia.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience