Learn to Belly Dance, Ottawa
Learn to dance and move your body in ways you never thought possible. Find the belly dancer within and move your hips with hypnotic rhythm.
Learn to Belly Dance, Ottawa - 3 classes
Price show is for 3 classes.
Learn to Belly Dance, Ottawa - 5 classes
Price show is for 5 classes.
Learn to Belly Dance, Ottawa - 8 classes
Price show is for 8 classes.
Learn to Belly Dance, Ottawa - 10 classes
Price show is for 10 classes.
These fun Belly Dance Classes will get you familiar with the Middle Eastern beats, tone your abs, strengthen your posture, and increase your co-ordination. You'll have a load of fun whilst losing your inhibitions!
Choose from 3, 5 or 10 class packages. They are drop-in classes and are a great way to introduce yourself to belly dancing. You don’t have to worry about missing a class or you want to join a block of classes already underway.
During the classes, you’ll experience a whole new way of dancing and getting in tune with your body. You will not only be moved by the dance but by the music as well. Students will learn the foundation, movement, and vocabulary of belly dance. The dance classes will have you moving your body like a pro with the right introduction to the dances' hip, torso, arm, hand, shimmies and traveling movements.
No prior dance experience is required!
The most wonderful aspect of this ancient dance is that it is not limited to people of a certain age, ability, or size. That is why so many women use belly dancing classes as a vehicle for nurturing a sense of personal empowerment, healing, and self-acceptance.
Based on a foundation of high-quality dance technique, the lessons provide culturally appropriate instruction for beginners to advanced students of Arabic dance. Most importantly, belly dancing classes are always fun, fun, fun!
When: available year-round with select classes weekly
Duration: each class is 1-hour
- Kanata: John G. Mlacak Community Centre VIEW MAP
- Orleans: Ottawa Citizen Dance Studio at Shenkman Arts Centre VIEW MAP
Need to know:
- Those who are under 18 years old will need to have a parent/guardian sign a consent form.
- Students can wear anything in which they are comfortable moving in. Yoga pants, exercise wear, skirts, dance leotards, and crop tops are just a few of the options commonly worn in a belly dance class.
- Many belly dancers like to dance barefoot, it is recommended some lightweight foot covering, such as a gymnastic or ballet slipper. Outdoor shoes are not allowed inside the studio.
Whether you are looking to learn to belly dance or for a unique experience gift, this is the perfect move!
How To Book Your Experience