This tour is a great experience gift for history buffs and those that enjoy classic Jewish dishes.
With your knowledgeable, experienced guide, you’ll delve into Montreal's Jewish heritage and culture, exploring the city’s Plateau and Mile-End neighbourhoods. Montreal is the birthplace of many Jewish dishes and is known around the world for its unique take on this style of cuisine.
As you stroll through these streets filled with history, you'll sample exclusive mouth-watering local foods, including renowned bagels and smoked meat, at popular food spots new and old. You’ll discover the alleyways and backyards of the city’s hidden Jewish food past.
- Explore the community behind some of Montreal’s most iconic dishes.
- Learn about Montreal’s Jewish culture and history.
Outremont – You’ll visit a Jewish deli and a kosher bakery in this neighbourhood. You’ll learn about the neighbourhood's history, the history of Montreal's Jewish community and their settlement patterns.
Mile-End - Visit two rival bagel shops, a falafel shop and a diner in a league of their own along with many stops of cultural and historical significance.
Plateau Mont-Royal - In this neighbourhood, you’ll will visit a hip young Jewish bakery and a renowned smoked meat establishment. You’ll visit the house of a famous Montreal Jew, a synagogue, a former Yiddish theatre, a building that housed Jewish labour organizations, a public bath house and much more.
- A visit to 8 classic Jewish food establishments.
- An entertaining and knowledgeable quaified guide.
- All preselected food and drink.
Duration: 3.5 hours
When: March - October Monday thru Saturday
Need to know:
- Tours times/days subject to availability.*
- A moderate amount of walking is involved: 3 kilometres. Be sure to wear appropriate footwear.
- This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years as the tour is information heavy with lots of walking.
- Please advise of dietary restrictions and food allergies when you reserve your tour time. The tour provider will do their best to accommodate your needs.
- The food on the tour is not kosher.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour runs year-round regardless of weather conditions. You will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
- The tour finishes 3 kilometers from the start. We recommend taking taxis or use public transportation to/from the tour.
If you are looking for a unique Montreal food tour or a tasty experience gift, this tour is the perfect gift filled with cultural and culinary treats!
This unique food tour takes place at Montreal, Quebec. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience