Climb into the open cockpit of a vintage biplane for an Ottawa sightseeing tour unlike any other. This Biplane Flight over Ottawa and the Gatineau Hills is the perfect experience gift for anyone who has always want to take a trip back in time to the golden age of aviation.
Take flight in a vintage biplane and experience Ottawa from a unique perspective!
Strap on your aviator’s cap, your goggles and experience the wonders of flying in a classic from the open cockpit of a vintage 1939 WACO UPF-7 biplane. This biplane flight over Ottawa is great for all ages and a truly unique experience!
Your exciting aerial adventure begins when you meet your experienced Pilot at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum. You’ll head out onto the tarmac and hop into the open cockpit aircraft. Once strapped in, the Pilot will start the engine and taxi down the runway.
On the Parliament Hill Tour, you’ll get a bird’s eye view of Parliament Hill and downtown Ottawa. The Gatineau Hills Tour flies along the Gatineau River, viewing historic Gatineau Park, the Chelsea dams and the original river-logging route used to establish urban settlement in the region and flies the Parliament Hill Tour route on your way back to the museum.
You’ll be in communication with your pilot the entire time. They will ensure that your flight is both comfortable and enjoyable. So just sit back, relax and enjoy this once in a lifetime flight.
Feel the wind in your hair and experience aviation as if you were in the 1930's.
This high flying open cockpit Ottawa tour is for two people, plus the pilot.
- Biplane Flight Over Parliament Hill For 2 experience includes approximately 15 minutes of flying time.
- Biplane Flight Over The Gatineau Hills for 2 experience includes approximately 25 minutes of flying time. (Parliament Hill is included on the return route)
Season: Season for flights = May – October, Monday to Sunday
Need to know:
- No previous experience is necessary.
- Participants over the age of 16 must carry photo identification to board the aircraft.
- Participants under 19 years of age will require the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Maximum total weight of both passengers is 400lbs - the cockpit is 3.5ft wide.
- Participants will be required to sign a liability release and waiver form.
- This experience is weather dependent and may be subject to postponement, in which case an alternative date will be offered. It is vital that you telephone the centre before leaving home.
- Dress comfortably for the time of year and remember you are flying in an open-cockpit, so please dress appropriately. Sunglasses are recommended all year round.
- Start time will be confirmed once your booking is made
- Don’t forget your sunglasses and cameras!
This Biplane Flight over Ottawa and the Gatineau Hills is the perfect way to enjoy a bird’s eye view of Ottawa attractions from a unique perspective. Whether you are looking for that special gift or fun things to do in Ottawa, this biplane flight is perfect!
Read Canadian Blog House's review of their experience on the Ottawa Biplane Flight Over Parliament Hill For 2
Read Stephanie White Travel & Lifestyle's review of their experience on Ottawa Biplane Flight Over Parliament Hill for 2
This Biplane Flight over Ottawa takes place at the Ottawa Aviation Museum. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience