Winter Segway Tour at Henry of Pelham Winery
St. Catharines, Ontario
Explore the Henry of Pelham Family Estate Winery on a Segway tour through their vineyards at Short Hills Bench in St Catharines.
Take a Segway tour through a vineyard this winter in Niagara!
This is a perfect outdoor family adventure near Niagara Falls. Segways are easy to learn and super fun to ride!
Your Segway winery tour starts with a training session on how to ride a Segway. Once everybody feels comfortable, you’ll follow your guide through around the vineyard.
During this unique Niagara winery tour, you’ll learn more about the rich history of the Pelham family which can be traced back to the revolutionary war, and visit the family cemetery. The Niagara Escarpment is a tremendous part of what defines the region. Discover how it impacts the climate, how it helped make this Canada’s first winery region, and why it produces some of the best wines in the world.
On your way back, you’ll discover the native animals of the region. Niagara is home to 300 species of birds, with some staying year-round. You’ll also learn about the world-renowned ice wine, how it is produced and why the Niagara region is the ideal place to produce it.
Last but not least … wine tasting! You’ll head to the wine shop, originally a tavern built in 1842 by Henry of Pelham, to enjoy a tasting of four different wines of your choice including their ice wine and their signature Baco Noir.
Glide along on and get a behind the scenes look at this magnificent estate during this Niagara winter tour that is unlike any other!
- Safety and training session on the Segway.
- A tasting of (4) Henry of Pelham wines.
- Use of helmet.
- Local guide.
Duration: 50 minutes
When: November – April Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays*
*subject to availability
Need to know:
- Minimum age for participation is 12 years. Wine tasting is restricted to 19 years and over.
- Weight restrictions: each rider must weigh between 100 and 250 lbs (45 to 115 kg).
- Each person receives individual training and time to get comfortable on the Segway before they start the actual tour.
- Segways are operated by sensors beneath your feet. You will need to wear comfortable and flat shoes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Tours will run rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by your tour guide. Please wear appropriate clothing.
- Riders must wear the helmet that is provided with the tour or provide a similar multi-impact sports helmet (must be CSA approved).
- It is not recommended that pregnant women and any person with health restrictions or seizure disorders participate in this activity.
Surprise someone special (or treat yourself) to a unique winter activity this year!
This unique Niagara winery tour takes place at St. Catharines, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience