Take part in an incredible Vancouver Island whale watching and wildlife adventure! Explore the Salish Sea with a small tour group led by a passionate Captain and naturalist who, when they see whales, they know exactly who that whale is, their siblings, their mothers and their personalities!
Experience the thrill of seeing whales and wildlife in their natural habitat!
Departing from Cowichan Bay, this whale watching eco-tour offers the exciting opportunity to see Southern Resident Orca Whales, Transient Orca Whales, Humpback Whales, Grey Whales and Minke Whales. You will also encounter Bald Eagles, Sea Lions, Dalls, Harbour Seals, and Harbour Porpoise as well as a myriad of marine birds.
Your tour’s route will be based on the most recent wildlife sighting reports and the best weather conditions. You will be searching for whale and wildlife encounters in areas where few other boats visit.
This whale watching eco-tour is a great trip for people who are wildlife enthusiasts, photographers or anyone who wants to enjoy a more relaxing and laid back experience on the water.
The Zodiac vessels the tour operator use have been designed to have the quietest sound footprint in the industry for the whales and marine mammals you’ll view. They provide a fun, exhilarating and safe ride.
Every trip is different, so whether it's your first time or you're a veteran, go out and see what the magical Salish Sea will reveal!
- You’ll be touring with the most centrally located whale watching Company on Vancouver Island with the highest sighting of Orcas and Humpback Whales every year. Their sightings record for 2017 was 97%.
- Led by an expert Captain and naturalist.
- A small group of 12 passengers or less.
- A perfect tour for wildlife photographers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- A tour with a guide who is dedicated to ethical and responsible whale watching and wildlife viewing.
When: Daily tours February - November
- Half day trip: 3.5 - 4 hours
- Full day trip: 8 hours
Departure point: Cowichan Bay, 45 minutes from Victoria
Need to know:
- If you do not see a whale on you tour you are invited you to come again for free.
- Full Day Tour is not suitable for children under 12 years old.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Upon arrival, you will be fitted for a warm floatation suit and given gloves, goggles, a hat and sunscreen. It is recommended you wear a warm sweater or jacket and comfortable pants.
Whether you're a first-time visitor to Vancouver Island or a local resident, there's plenty to see and experience on this whale watching and wildlife tour. Be sure to check this off your list of fun things to do in Victoria and Vancouver Island, BC.
This Whale Watching and Wildlife Tour takes place at Cowichan Bay, Vancouver Island, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience