Whale Watching Tour, Cowichan Bay, BC
Experience an incredible whale watching tour departing from Vancouver Island’s Cowichan Bay. Get ready to encounter whales, wildlife, and spectacular scenery.
|Where:||Cowichan Bay, Vancouver Island, British Columbia|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Whale Watching Wildlife Tour, Cowichan Bay - Half Day Adult
Adults = 13 years of age or older.
Whale Watching Wildlife Tour, Cowichan Bay - Half Day Child
Child age = 4 - 12 years.
See whales and wildlife in their natural habitat!
Explore the secluded waters of the northern Salish Sea with a small whale watching tour group led by a passionate Captain and naturalist who, when they see whales, they know exactly who that whale is, their siblings, their mothers and their personalities!
You’ll have the exciting opportunity to see Southern Resident Orca Whales, Grey Whales, Transient Orca Whales, Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, Sea Lions, Bald Eagles, Pacific Harbour Seals, and Harbour Porpoise as well as a myriad of marine birds.
Your tour’s route will be based on the most recent wildlife sighting reports and the best weather conditions. You will be searching for whale and wildlife encounters in areas where few other boats visit.
This whale watching eco-tour is a great trip for people who are wildlife enthusiasts, photographers or anyone who wants to enjoy a more laid-back and relaxing experience on the water.
The Zodiac vessels the tour operator uses have been designed to have the quietest sound footprint in the industry for the whales and marine mammals you’ll view. The 12 passenger open vessels have a small onboard washroom, state of the art electronics, a hydrophone to listen to the whales, and are capable of operating in the roughest sea conditions. They provide a fun, exhilarating and safe ride.
Every trip is different, so whether it's your first time or you're a veteran, go out and see what a whale watching tour on the magical Salish Sea will reveal!
- You’ll be touring with the most centrally located whale watching Company on Vancouver Island with the highest sighting of Orcas and Humpback Whales every year. Their sightings record for 2020 was 97%.
- Led by an expert Captain and naturalist.
- A small group of 12 passengers or less.
- A tour with a guide who is dedicated to ethical and responsible whale watching and wildlife viewing.
When: Daily tours March - October
Duration: 3.5 - 4 hours
Departure point: Cowichan Bay, 45 minutes from Victoria VIEW MAP
Need to know:
- Minimum age for participation is 4 years.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Upon arrival, you will be fitted for a warm floatation suit and given gloves, goggles, a hat and sunscreen. It is recommended you wear a warm sweater or jacket and comfortable pants.
Whether you're a first-time visitor to Vancouver Island or a local resident, there's plenty to see and experience on this whale watching and wildlife tour. Be sure to check whale watching off your list of fun things to do in Victoria and Vancouver Island, BC.
How To Book Your Experience