Waterfalls, Whales, and Wildlife Tour
Witness the splendor of Jervis Inlet's many waterfalls on an amazing full day adventure departing from Parksville, Vancouver Island, encountering whales and wildlife during this full day tour.
|Where:||Parksville, Vancouver Island, British Columbia|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Waterfalls, whales, and wildlife ... a great adventure on the water!
Experience the many waterfalls of Jervis Inlet on the way to Malibu Rapids and beyond to Chatterbox Falls. The warm sun melts the mountain snowpack, creating as many as 60 waterfalls cascading down the massive granite walls of the coastal fjords.
Jervis Inlet and Princess Louisa Inlets are fjords carved out by glaciers with three arms, or reaches – Queen’s Reach, Prince of Wales Reach, and Princess Royal Reach. Princess Louisa Reach is a side inlet off Queen’s Reach. At the end of Princess Louisa Reach is the spectacular Chatterbox Falls cascading 40 metres to the rocky shoreline below.
You’ll get to stretch your legs on land and explore the falls. You are welcome to bring along a packed lunch or add on a gourmet packed lunch from Parksville for your adventure.
- 9:00am – Check-in
- 9:30am – On the water: You’ll cross the Strait of Georgia while searching for wildlife and whale. Then you’ll travel into Jervis Inlet and witness the many waterfalls of the remarkable fjord.
- 12:30pm – Arrive at Chatterbox Falls: Here, you can wander the boardwalks, stretch your legs in the old growth forest, and take some pictures of the stunning Chatterbox Falls from the viewing platform. You can enjoy the peaceful solitude of the fjord, eat your packed lunch, and stroll back to the boat.
- 2:00pm – Back on the water: The tour travels back down the magnificent fjord and out into the Salish Sea in search of whales and wildlife.
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm – Arrive back at French Creek
The Zodiac vessels the tour operator uses have been designed to have the quietest sound footprint in the industry for the marine mammals and whales you’ll see. The 12 passenger open vessels have a small onboard washroom, a hydrophone to listen to the whales, state of the art electronics, and are capable of operating in the roughest sea conditions. They provide a fun, exhilarating and safe ride.
- A small group tour of 12 passengers or less.
- Led by an expert Captain and naturalist.
- A tour with a guide who is dedicated to ethical and responsible whale watching and wildlife viewing.
This experience has limited space and select dates to choose from.
- June 17, 2023 9:00 am
- July 1, 2023 9:00 am
- July 15, 2023 9:00 am
- July 29, 2023 9:00 am
- Aug 12, 2023 9:00 am
- Aug 26, 2023 9:00 am
- Sep 2, 2023 9:00 am
- Sep 16, 2023 9:00 am
Departure point: French Creek Marina, Parksville, Vancouver Island BC VIEW MAP
Need to know:
- Minimum age for participation is 8 years.
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Upon arrival, you will be fitted for a warm floatation suit and given gloves, goggles, a hat, and sunscreen.
- It is recommended you wear comfortable pants and a warm jacket or sweater.
Whether you're a first-time visitor to Vancouver Island or a local resident, the Waterfalls, Whales, and Wildlife Tour is sure to be a day on the water you will never forget!
Be sure to check this unique tour off your list of fun things to do on Vancouver Island, BC.
How To Book Your Experience