Vancouver Island Cycling Tour from Vancouver with Lunch and Wine Tasting
Enjoy an all-inclusive, guided cycling tour of Vancouver Island with lunch and wine tasting as you explore the natural highlights of Southern Vancouver Island. From rugged coastline and colorful farmland to lush forests and vineyards, this tour that departs from Vancouver has it all.
|Where:||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
|Availability:||Currently not available|
Explore Vancouver Island on an all-day cycling tour from Vancouver.
This unique tour of Vancouver Island wineries by bike begins with you meeting your guide in downtown Vancouver and driving to the ferry terminal in Tsawwassen to cross the Strait of Georgia to Swartz Bay. The ferry trip is a relaxed start to the morning with spectacular views of the Gulf Islands and Salish Sea.
Upon arrival on Vancouver Island, you’ll hop on a bike and begin your cycle along the Lockside Trail through the Saanich Peninsula, taking in stunning views of the coastline. Lunch will be at a local farm-to-table café, serving fresh ingredients from surrounding farms.
After lunch, the tour makes its way to Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park, where you’ll cycle around the lake enjoying the tranquility and pristine nature en route toDe Vine Vineyards. The final stretch up the hill to this Vancouver Island winery is deservedly rewarded with a refreshing taste of the opulent and crisp wines this region offers.
Following the wine tasting you’ll make your way back to the ferry terminal at Swartz Bay where you’ll board the ferry for the voyage back to Vancouver.
The Saanich Peninsula is one of Vancouver Island's hidden gems, defined by its lush farmland and countryside, rolling hills and rugged coastline. This bike tour will give you a unique Vancouver Island experience as you ride through a variety of terrains, ranging from a marvellous regional park to a quiet seaside town.
The trip is suitable for adventurous people of all ages, with a basic to moderate level of fitness.
- A full-day guided bike tour of Vancouver Island from Vancouver.
- Cycling the Lochside Trail.
- Tour and tasting at a Vancouver Island Winery.
- Enjoy a farm-to-table lunch.
- Bicycle and helmet.
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guide.
- Transportation for the day.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from downtown Vancouver.
- Return ferry crossing from Vancouver to Schwartz Bay, Vancouver Island.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Wine tasting.
- Approximately 55km on quiet country roads and professionally maintained trails.
- The route can be made shorter or longer depending upon the desire of the group.
approximatley 12 hours depending upon the speed of the group and the route taken.
Need to know:
- The cycling is 95% flat with three short climbs of approximatley one or two minutes.
- Small group size with a maximum of 12 people per tour.
- Suitable for all ages, with a moderate level of fitness.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- All the bikes are thoroughly maintained before and after every ride to ensure you have a problem free, safe experience.
- The hybrid bikes are ideally suited to the terrain of the tour, boasting a comfortable upright riding position and 27" semi-slick wheels for more efficient cycling.
- All tours are paced according to the individuals on each tour. A nice leisurely pace sets the tone while you pedal along and enjoy the beauty and serenity of the countryside.
- Individuals should have some level of fitness and the ability to ride a bicycle in order to enjoy the tour in a safe and pleasurable manner.
- Tour participants are recommended to wear closed toe shoes and loose fitting, comfortable clothing.
- Tour participants are recommended to bring sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat for protection from the sun.
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. A vegetarian option is available.
Whether you are looking for a unique experience gift or for fun things to do in Vancouver and on Vancouver Island, theVancouver Island Cycling Tour from Vancouver with Lunch and Wine Tastingis the ticket!
This sightseeing tour takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia.
How To Book Your Experience