Tofino Food Tour
On COVID-hold for summer 2020
Tofino, British Columbia
Minimum age for participation - 19 years
Discover the flavors of Tofino during this guided scenic walking tour. Learn where the best restaurants in Tofino are, fun facts, history and stories about Tofino that only a local can tell you.
Get a taste of Tofino during this delicious food tour!
Tofino Food Tour is a 2.5 to 3-hour culinary journey through the picturesque town of Tofino. You’ll have the experience of tasting some incredibly delicious food from some of the best restaurants in Tofino. If you love seafood, then you’re going to love this tour as you’ll taste all sorts of wonderful dishes featuring seafood caught at Clayoquot Sound. You’ll also taste local craft beer, delectable meats, cheeses, freshly made doughnuts, jams, jellies and much more.
When you’re not eating, your guide will fill your head full of all sorts of knowledge about Tofino as you walk throughout the town. You’ll learn about a haunted restaurant, the rich history of the town, celebrities that love Tofino and more. You’ll also be able to visit a native art gallery where you can shop while learning about Tofino’s First Nations history.
Tofino Food Tours is a wonderful tour for those visiting for the first time or for the tenth time. It’s a fantastic way to discover Tofino restaurants while taking home a facts about this fabulous little town. Basically, if you love to eat (who doesn’t) while also learning about the places you visit, the Tofino Food Tour is for you.
- Rhino Coffee House
As the tour begins, you’ll enter the eclectic Rhino Coffee House and sample their freshly brewed coffee. Not only will you get to perk up with some coffee, you’re going to get to try a sample of their signature doughnuts made fresh in-store.
As the tour continues, you’ll find yourself dining at the award-winning restaurant SoBo where you’ll taste Crispy Shrimp & Cod Cakes paired with Hoyne Brewing Co. Dark Matter beer.
- Schooner Restaurant
The Schooner Restaurant is Tofino’s oldest, yet haunted, restaurant dating back to the 1960’s. To this day, the Bruce family continues to run this beautiful restaurant where you’ll get to sample their Old School Clam & Bacon Chowder. You might also be joined during your tasting by Schooner’s resident ghost Morris who just may want to say, “Hi!”
- Picnic Charcuterie
On Main Street, you’ll get a chance to view Clayoquot Sound from the spacious back deck of Tofino Sea Kayaking. It’s here where you’ll be presented with samples of heavenly cheeses, meats and other treats made in-house at the renowned Picnic Charcuterie.
Dockside Smoked Fish Store.
At the corner of Main and First Street, you’ll come to one of the most fantastic spots in Tofino. Not only are the views of Clayoquot Sound incredible from the First Street dock, but it’s also where you’ll enter the Dockside Smoked Fish Store. You’ll get to taste locally caught salmon that has been smoked and flavoured in a few different tasty varieties.
- After your tastings, you’ll have an opportunity to walk around the House of Himwitsa First Nations art gallery and store.
- Ice House Oyster Bar
As the tour winds down, you’ll find yourself at a true Tofino gem that will have you wanting to return again and again. The Ice House Oyster Bar offers an uninterrupted view of Clayoquot Sound in a historic warehouse that is still an operational ice facility for local fisherman. Here you’re going to get a real treat – a full-sized serving of their special Umami Tsunami Oyster combined with a glass of crisp sparkling apple cider.
- Chocolate Tofino
As the tour wraps up, you’ll receive a voucher for a heavenly scoop of gelato from Chocolate Tofino. You can pop into Chocolate Tofino at your convenience and enjoy this delicious treat that is sure to put a smile on your face.
When: Tuesdays to Sundays 2:30 pm
Season: March - October
- 6 tastings and a full dessert portion.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours
Meeting place: In front of Rhino Coffee House at 430 Campbell St.
Need to know:
- Maximum of 6 guests per tour.
- Minimum age for participation is 19 years.
- The tour covers 1.5 to 2 km which may include some steep hills. Most but not all of the venues are wheelchair accessible.
- Due to the incredibly busy nature of the vendors during the peak season, arrangements for gluten-free, vegetarians, vegans, and food allergies cannot be made.
- There will be tastings of various beverages on the tour – usually coffee, local craft beers, ciders, sparkling wine and water. If you tend to be thirsty, please bring a refillable bottle of water with you.
- It is recommended you wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The tour goes during any weather conditions so please dress accordingly for your own comfort.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
Are you looking for fun things to do in Tofino, or searching for a gift idea for the foodie in your life? The Tofino Food Tour is an experience they can check off their bucket list and a gift idea they would never expect.
This tasty guided walking tour takes place at Tofino, BC. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience