Whale Watching Tour at Sunset from Parksville BC
What better way to end your day than watching whales play and swim at sunset in the secluded waters of the norther Salish Sea. This whale watching tour from Parksville, Vancouver Island is your chance to chance for an intimate encounter with whales and wildlife that inhabit the British Columbia coast.
|Where:||Parksville, Vancouver Island, British Columbia|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Sunsets, whales, and wildlife!
This whale watching eco-tours from Parksville, Vancouver Island at a colourful time of day is a great excursion for families, wildlife enthusiasts, photographers, and anyone who wants to enjoy a relaxing experience on the water at sunset.
You’ll be guided by a passionate Captain and naturalist who, when they see whales, they know exactly who that whale is, their mothers, their siblings, and their personalities.
Along with experiencing a beautiful sunset, you’ll have the chance to see Humpback Whales, Biggs Killer Whales, Sea Lions, Pacific White Sided Dolphins, Harbour Seals and Bald Eagles.
The boat you’ll be travelling is a Skana – Zodiac Hurricane, designed to have the quietest sound footprint in the industry for the whales and marine mammals you’ll be viewing. The 7 metre Zodiac is capable of operating in the roughest sea conditions and accommodates up to 12 passengers. Powered by two clean burning Mercury 150 horsepower outboard motors, it has a small onboard washroom, radios, state of the art electronics, and a hydrophone to listen to the whales. It provides a safe, fun, and exhilarating ride.
- Led by an expert Captain and naturalist.
- Parksville is located in the heart of Humpback Whales and Biggs Killer Whales travel territories. The tour provider had a 97% sighting success rate in the 2020 season.
- A small group tour of 12 passengers or less.
- A tour with a guide who is dedicated to ethical and responsible whale watching and wildlife viewing.
When: Daily tours July - August
Departure point: Parksville, Vancouver Island BC VIEW MAP
Need to know:
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Upon arrival, you will be fitted for a warm floatation suit and given gloves, goggles, a hat and sunscreen. It is recommended you wear comfortable pants and a warm jacket or sweater.
Whether you're a first-time visitor to Vancouver Island or a local resident, there's plenty to see and experience on this wildlife and whale watching tour at sunset.
Be sure to check this unique whale watching tour off your list of fun things to do on Vancouver Island, BC.
How To Book Your Experience