Are you ready to get behind the wheel of a NASCAR style race car? Get ready for a high octane, high speed, adrenaline pumping stock car racing experience at Penticton Speedway. Feel the speed and power that these stock car racing machines bring to the table.
The ultimate high octane stock car driving experience!
For the true NASCAR fan in your life, the incredible gift of an authentic stock car racing experience is one they'll remember forever. Make that dream come true at Penticton Speedway. The wannabe NASCAR driver will never forget the thrill of putting 400 horse power of racing machine through its paces around an incredible track.
Take total control of a real stock car and hang on tight!
No experience is required to drive, and the cars are easy and fun to operate. If you can drive on the road, you can drive on the track. Your stock car racing experience begins the moment you arrive and are fitted out in your authentic racing suit, helmet and boots. You’ll start with a pre-race briefing and learn all there is to know on how to tame the track and get the most out of your mean racing machine. Then it's time to slide behind the wheel of your highly tuned 400 horse power NASCAR proven stock car, with your mind focused on one thing only - SPEED!
- You drive a lightweight 400-Horsepower Late Model Stock Car
- No experience required
- Racing suit, helmet, and driving instruction provided
- Unfortunately we have been informed by the provider that there will not be dates at Penticton Speedway for the 2020 season. If you have an experience certificate please contact Breakaway Experiences Customer Service at email@example.com
*Dates are subject to change. This experience has limited space and select dates to choose from
- All of the racing cars are standard transmission. If you need help operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you leave the pit area and get you up to speed quickly.
- The cars have an integrated tube chassis built from the ground up for safety and speed.
- The Late Models are designed from day one to race on smaller short ovals.
- The strong chassis is combined with a fiberglass body making the cars lighter and quicker than the bigger NASCAR style Cup cars used at bigger ovals.
- The design of the cars combined with their light weight and incredible power to weight ratio make them a thrilling choice on the short ovals.
- The chassis is combined with a GM crate motor making approximately 400 hp...it is a combination that will take your breath away as the car rockets off the corner.
How fast will I be able to go?
Each level of experience has a target speed. The speeds will vary according to a driver’s individual performance.
Do I need any prior racing experience?
No racing experience is required, but you must have a valid driver’s license to participate in the driving experiences.
Are there any age requirements?
To participate in our driving programs students must be at least 18 years old. In our ride along programs riders must be 14 years old to participate plus be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent.
What is provided?
All participants are provided with a driver’s suit, helmet (with one way radio communication) and a HANS Device.
What to wear?
Participants need to wear closed toe shoes & clothes that will be comfortable under the Driver’s/Rider’s suit.
Are there weight and height restrictions?
NASCAR race cars don’t have doors. All Driver’s & Rider’s must have the ability to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground. Drivers must be at least 5′ tall. Maximum height is 6′ 4″. Waist and chest can be no bigger than 52".
What if I damage the car?
You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $75.00. If you purchase this plan the maximum repair cost, you would be required to pay is $1000. All payments for damages must be paid at the track at the time of the incident. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event or when you reserve your experience day/time with the experience provider.
What if it rains?
Please note that this experience is dependent on weather. Should your date be cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be honored for a future date but no refunds can be issued.
If you are looking for an unforgettable Father’s Day, birthday, or graduation gift idea for him that he will always remember - this is it! Searching for a unique idea for their bachelor or bachelorette party? A stock car driving experience is the perfect thing to do to get the day started in Penticton, British Columbia. They will never forget this adrenaline filled experience you gave them!
This stock car racing experience takes place in the Okanagan Valley at Penticton Speedway, Penticton, a short drive from Kelowna, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience