Drive a Race Car, London, Ontario
If you're ready to experience the ultimate in speed and power, this NASCAR style racing experience at Delaware Speedway, just west of London, Ontario, is the opportunity you've been waiting for! Put your driving skills to the ultimate test and drive a race proven stock car at speeds up to 150mph!
|Availability:||Currently not available|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Taste of Speed - 5 laps Delaware Speedway
The Taste of Speed package is for those who want to say, “I did it!”. One more check on the bucket list!
The Qualifier - 10 laps Delaware Speedway
The Qualifier package is for those who have had a taste of speed and want more.
The Shootout - 15 laps Delaware Speedway
The “Shootout” driving experience is so much more than any entry level experience. 15 laps of NASCAR style racing!
Start Your Engines - 20 laps Delaware Speedway
More laps equals more speed and more thrills. Drive a NASCAR style race car for 20 laps!
Ride Along - 3 laps Delaware Speedway
Ride shotgun in a NASCAR stock car driven by a professional instructor for a 3-lap qualifying run.
This stock car racing experience at Delaware Speedway will not be available in 2022.
If you have an outstanding certificate, please contact Breakaway Experiences.
Your amazing race car driving experience begins with a classroom session where you’ll learn how to drive the racing line, braking techniques, safety procedures, and more to get you ready to put the pedal to the metal.
No previous racing experience needed!
Once your orientation session is complete, you’ll get dressed in a driving suit and helmet, climb through the window into the driver’s seat.
No pace car to follow, no instructor in the car, all laps are hot laps, and passing allowed! How fast you go is up to you!
Before you step on the gas and soar out onto the track, a crew member will make sure your 5-point racing harness is tight and connect the one-way radio to your helmet. Through the radio, your instructor will give you advice on changing gears and braking points the entire time you are on the racetrack, helping you get your speed up to an incredible level in a safe way.
- This experience will not be available for the 2022 season.
*This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
You’ll be driving a Late Model stock car that has been raced in competitions. Amongst them you will find cars from Dale Earnhardt Inc., Joe Gibbs Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, Roush and others. The Late Model’s strong chassis and fiberglass body make them lighter and quicker on smaller ovals than the NASCAR style Cup cars used at the bigger ovals.
This experience gift is a great introduction to the fast and furious world of stock car racing, perfect for someone who loves to go FAST!
- High speed laps around the 1/2 mile paved track at Delaware Speedway.
- Receive invaluable instruction from stock car racing professionals.
- Experience the incredible power of a 400+ horsepower Late Model stock car.
- It’s just you in the car! Drive like you've never driven before!
Location: Delaware Speedway, a short drive from London, Ontario. VIEW MAP
Need to know:
- The race cars all have standard transmission. If you need assistance operating a standard car the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and get to speed quickly.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum age for participation is 18 years old.
- All participants are provided with a driver’s suit, helmet with one-way radio, and a HANS Device.
- The maximum height permitted is 6′ 4″.
- The minimum height permitted for drivers is 5′ tall.
- All Drivers and Riders must be able to climb through a window 15” high by 28” wide that sits 35” from the ground.
- Chest and waist cannot exceed 52".
- This experience is weather dependent. If the experience is cancelled due to weather, your experience certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit and closed-toed shoes that allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A tennis shoe or similar usually works best (no boots).
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $75.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. All payments for damages must be paid at the track at the time of the incident. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare but you will be responsible for any damage to the race car.
How To Book Your Experience