Oyster Shucking Class
Learn how to shuck oysters like a pro with this unique but delicious Toronto cooking class! You'll be taught how to select, shuck, prepare, store, eat and cook 18 oysters from both the east and west coast and how to pair them with spirits, champagne, white wine, craft beer, and cocktails.
Roll up your sleeves and learn how to shuck Oysters like a pro!
Like a fine wine, raw oysters have complex flavours that vary greatly among varieties and regions: salty, buttery, metallic, briny, or even fruity. You will be given 18 oysters, representing both east Coast and west Coast varieties, to perfect your shucking skills.
As you are mastering how to open oysters, you’ll get to eat your homework as its paired with champagne, Ontario wine, craft beer and a Bloody Caesar, a Canadian classic cocktail. You’ll also get to taste homemade mignonette, fried oysters, cocktail sauce, and the classic Oyster Rockefeller. You will get tasting and shucking notes, recipes and your own oyster shucker knife to take home from this fun, unique cooking class in Toronto.
- Learn all about oysters from cultivation to table.
- Taught by a local culinary professional.
- Taste both East Coast and West Coast oysters including the famous cooked Oysters Rockefeller.
- Pair 4 to 6 varieties of oysters with champagne, Ontario wine, craft beer and cocktails.
- Discover "merroir".
- 18 oysters for you to hone your oyster shucking skill on.
- All pre-select food and drink.
- Receive your own oyster shucking knife to take home.
- Small-group with local food & drink expert guide.
Duration: 3.5 hours
- Sunday, March 29, 2020 1:00pm
- Sunday, April 26, 2020 1:00pm
- Sunday, May 31, 2020 1:00pm
- Sunday, September 20, 2020 1:00pm
- Sunday, October 25, 2020 1:00pm
- Sunday, November 22, 2020 1:00pm
- Sunday, December 13, 2020 1:00pm
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
Where: The Peasant Table, 782 Queen Street East, Toronto
Need to know:
- Please indicate any food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your class time.
- Vegetarian option are available upon request.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
So, whether this is your first time shucking oysters or you’re a seasoned pro, this Oyster Shucking Class is sure to make you the star of the party and makes a truly delicious experience gift.
The unique, tasty cooking class takes place in Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience