Imagine being able to see all the major ‘must see’ attractions of Ottawa in a single day. On this 4-hour, guided land and river tour of Canada’s capital city, you will see everything from Parliament Hill, the Peace Tower and the House of Commons to Rockcliffe, Rideau Hall and much, much more.
Discover Ottawa during this 4-hour sightseeing tour!
Your tour begins with your personal guide picking you up downtown and taking you on a guided tour across the famous Alexandra Bridge to Quebec. From here, the best pictures of the Parliament Buildings can be taken from across the river. Next, you will be taken behind the Supreme Court of Canada for another unique view of Ottawa’s beautiful shorelines. Throughout the tour, your guide will point out important landmarks, answer questions and provide you with fun facts.
Your adventure really begins once you arrive at Parliament Hill and explore the historic West Block which currently holds the House of Commons. There will be plenty of free time available for you to explore surrounding buildings, wander the grounds, and capture some amazing photos of the nearby sites.
Next, you are taken on a guided tour down Sussex drive, passing many beautiful and historic and landmarks, including Rideau Hall, 24 Sussex Drive and many impressive Embassies. The drive then continues into prestigious Rockliffe Park, where beautiful mansions and parks overlook the Ottawa and Gatineau rivers. On your way back downtown, you’ll stop at a scenic lookout overlooking these two beautiful rivers and your guide will delve into Ottawa’s history along the river.
From mid-May through September, the tour ends with a relaxing 1.5-hour river cruise down the Ottawa River. You will be able to see over 55 different sites along the river including the Parliament Buildings, the Supreme Court of Canada, Chateau Laurier Hotel, Rideau Falls to, the Prime Minister’s House, and much more. From October through May, a visit to the Museum of Civilization will replace the river cruise from October to May.
- An adventurous tour of Parliament Hill*.
- A cruise down the Ottawa River to see some of the city’s most popular landmarks and sites (Museum of Civilization replaces the river cruise from October through May.
- A knowledgeable, experienced tour guide.
- Personalized small tour group experience limited to only 6 people.
- Pick up or drop off at your downtown hotel or other downtown area location.
When: Available year-round 9:00am & 2:00pm
Need to know:
- The tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately.
- *The Ottawa river cruise is available from May until October and depending upon weather. When not available the river cruise will be replaced by a visit to the Canadian Museum of History.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- *The availability of Parliament hill tour may be affected by political events and time of year.
Whether you are looking for a unique gift or new ways to explore Ottawa, add this to your list of fun things to do in Ottawa.
How To Book Your Experience