Taste your way through Toronto’s Old Chinatown on a guided walking food tour with visits to six authentic Asian restaurants and food stalls. Sample treats like Dim Sum, Chinese baked goods and specialty dishes from China’s Fukien province along the way.
Bring your appetite along for a delicious journey through Toronto's Old Chinatown.
Toronto is lucky to be home to one of the largest Chinatowns in the Western Hemisphere. Sometimes referred to as the “Original Chinatown,” it is one of six Chinatowns in the Greater Toronto Area. This neighborhood is a beehive of activity with shops, fruit and vegetable stalls cheap, housewares, traditional Chinese herbal medicine dispensaries and of course, lots of great food.
Your walking tour will feature six different shops and eateries with twelve tastings. After a brief history lesson of Toronto, you’ll visit a traditional Chinese bakery and taste an authentic delicacy that celebrates the Cantonese Festival of Spring. Next, you'll stop by a hole-in-the-wall joint that makes the best char sui boa in Toronto.
The tasty tour continues to one of Chinatown’s oldest and most authentic restaurants to taste a dish from the Fukien province of China, that your guide will refer to as “Chinese Risotto”, along with the best dry-fried squid in Toronto. A few steps down the street, you'll get to watch and taste as a favorite street vendor demonstrates his family’s version of a Chinese crepe.
Then, it’s off for a Hong Kong dim sum experience. As you learn the history of dim sum and its traditions you will get to taste four original dishes. After all this food, you can walk off the feast by perusing an Asian food market before making a pit-stop for “window food”.
Finally, to bring out your inner chef, the tour ends at a kitchen store which is a venerable “candy land” for some of Toronto’s top chefs.
- Explore one the largest Chinatowns in North America
- Learn the history and culture behind Toronto's Old Chinatown.
- Sample the traditional speciality dishes Chinatown’s locals love including a traditional Hong Kong Dim Sum experience.
- Shop at a Asian Food Market.
- A great tour for locals and tourists alike to discover new places to eat in Toronto.
- All preselected food and drink including 12 tasting at 6 different shops and eateries.
- Small-group walking tour led by a local food and drink expert.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities.
When:AvailableYear-round on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays at11:30am
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Toronto or a delicious, unique experience gift, thisOld Chinatown Food Tour is the way to go!
The Tastes of ChinatownTorontotakes place at Toronto, Ontario.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience