Nelson Clue Solving Adventure
Make Nelson your personal game board with a 90-minute adventure that leads you through hidden pathways and cool buildings. Solve a series of exciting challenges and puzzles as you explore Nelson.
|Where:||Nelson, British Columbia|
|Price for:||Up to 5 participants|
Nelson Adventure - Great Train Robbery
Price shown is per adventure with up to 5 players per team.
An exciting new way to discover Nelson and its beautiful downtown!
The Nelson Clue Solving Adventure combines the excitement of a scavenger hunt, the challenge of an escape room and the rush of an adventure race. Your tour route includes many stops at historic, cultural or quirky Nelson landmarks, all with unique challenges and clues to decipher.
With your smartphone as your guide you’ll work together to decipher a series of clues to solve a mystery. You can race against the clock or meander through town and enjoy the experience at your own pace.
This adventure is a great experience for families, friends, and groups.
How it works:
- Suggested team size is 2 - 5 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider, you’ll receive an email with instructions and access code. This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve a puzzle or find a hidden word.
- Clues are written assuming you have no knowledge of the town and are sequential.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. Don’t worry, hints and directions are available, but they’ll cost you a time penalty!
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Your exciting Nelson Clue Solving Adventure: Great Train Robbery
Your Challenge: You’ve learned that a CPR train carrying local natural resources is going to be hijacked later today. The local police have enlisted you and your team to follow a trail of clues that will uncover what is about to be stolen, where and when it will happen, and how it will be done.
Can you and your team be the heroes that solve the mystery and thwart the train robbery?
• Start location: Downtown Nelson
• Start time: It is flexible! Start any day any time. Just finish before dark!
• Walking distance: approximately 2km outdoors. Please note there are lots of hills.
• Average time to complete: 90 minutes plus optional breaks.
• What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+). Dress for the weather and wear footwear suitable for walking around town.
• Children: This adventure is good for families.
Need to know:
- You are not required to buy anything. There will be opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your phone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. You are only required to use the phone for the APP - no internet browsing or photos.
- Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks.
- Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
Whether you love solving mysteries or are looking for fun things to do as a family, the Nelson Clue Solving Adventures makes a great experience gift and is perfect for a day of adventure!
How To Book Your Experience