Discover the best kept culinary secrets of Toronto’s Kensington Market. The Taste The World Tour will take you around the world in one lunch as you adventure through the multi-cultural enclave of Kensington Market, including a stop in Chinatown.
Discover Toronto’s hidden gastronomic delights.
Your expert guide will take you on a walk through one of the best neighbourhoods in Toronto for culinary adventures. On this tasty Toronto food tour you’ll learn about the city’s fascinating food history and its influences from around the world. A variety of different stores have been hand-picked by your tour guide that they feel best represent distinctive threads in the fabric that is Toronto's rich food culture.
You’ll get to enjoy the tastes, sights and sounds of this colourful neighbourhood as you chow down on sweet and savoury delights hailing from Chinese, Mexican and Belgian kitchens, among others. Included is a typical ‘Canadian’ dish with a twist custom designed just for this tour!
At the end of the tour, you’ll leave with a Toffle™, a new creation exclusive to this tour provider. A reflection of the flavours of Toronto and Canada, the Toffle™ is a decadent cross between a chocolate truffle and a maple butter tart.
Kensington Market was designated a Canadian National Historic Site in 2006 and is widely considered to be one of the most photographed spots in Toronto, for good reason. Kensington Market is a colourful neighbourhood made up of small eateries, boutiques, produce shops and other local stores lining pedestrian-friendly narrow streets, with many buildings decorated with eminently photogenic graffiti. With so many different cultures settling here over the past century, there is now a great variety of sounds, colors and flavors from all over the world.
- Introduction to a variety of multi-cultural food stores.
- Includes samples from each location you visit (enough for lunch).
- Guided tour on the history of the neighbourhood, food and stores.
- Bring home a unique Toronto dessert only available on this tour, the famour Toronto Truffle.
When:April thru December Saturdays and Sundays 10:30am
Duration:2.5 hours approx.
Walking difficulty: Easy, 2 – 5 minute walk between stops. The end point is a 1 minute walk from the starting point.
Meeting place: The exact location will be provided when you make your reservation.
Maximum group size: 5 people
Need to know:
- This tour is a food tour and not a historical tour.
- Walking difficulty: Easy 2 - 5 minutes walks between stops. End point is a 1 minute walk from the start point.
- Tours run in all weather conditions short of extreme inclemency. Please check the weather forcast before hand and come prepared.
- Bring an appetite and some extra cash if you'd like to buy more yummies.
- The tour can be made gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan. Nut-free samples are available at all locations but may contain trace amounts of nuts. Other restrictions may be accommodated on a case by case basis. Please mention any dietary restrictions when reserving your tour with the tour provider.
- Tours are subject to change at provider's discretion.
- If you enjoy the tour, please tip your tour guide to thank them for their hard work!
- Kids under 7 can go for free.
This Toronto food tour is the perfect day out for a foodie. Whether a local or a tourist, Kensington Market is a unique and must-visit Toronto neighbourhood, and we guarantee you will eat or learn something new on this tour.
The Kensington Market Taste The World Tour takes place in Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience