Kensington Market Food Tour
Get your taste buds ready for an incredible walking food tour through Kensington Market, one of Toronto’s most eclectic neighbourhoods where decades of immigrant cultures have left their mark. You’ll get to taste everything from Caribbean, Mexican, Hawaiian, Canadian comfort food, Latin American and more.
Treat yourself to a journey into a culinary treasure trove on the Kensington Market Food Tour.
Recognized in 2006 as a National Historic Site, the Kensington Market, in the heart of Toronto, is without a doubt the most multicultural blocks you will find anywhere in the city.
Bordered by China Town and Little Italy, the Kensington Market area has come a long way since its early beginnings as a British war hero's estate. Today, the bohemian lifestyle and Rastafarian Culture are a sharp contrast to an area that once served as a hub of Jewish worship, trade and commerce.
Your tasty adventure begins with trying a Torontonian snack time favourite that comes in over 50 flavours. Your guide will even buy you a bag of your favourite flavour to take home to enjoy after the tour. Then, it's off for a quick photo op with the beautiful downtown Toronto skyline as our backdrop.
Up next, you’ll taste Toronto's latest food trend before visiting a discrete shop run by a husband and wife team for what is undeniably the best jerk chicken in Toronto.
As the tour continues, your guide will share stories of the neighbourhood while showing you the vintage shops and multicultural merchants.
A visit to the Lopez family’s restaurant will have you feasting on Mexican Tacos and an authentic frozen margarita. To satisfy your sweet tooth, the tour stops by a bakery whose owner has been baking pies since she was nine.
Last, but not least, you'll follow your guide to a secret bar to enjoy a local craft beer or glass of Ontario wine.
- Taste your way through Caribbean, Portuguese, Mexican and Latin American neighbourhoods.
- Sip a delicious frozen Margarita, Ontario craft beer and Ontario wine.
- Discover a secret bar.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- All preselected food & drink including 8 dishes and 2 drinks at 6 eateries.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax and gratuities.
Duration: 3 hours
When: Year-round Fridays and Saturdays at 3:00pm
Meeting location: South West Corner of Dundas St. West and Spadina Avenue, in front of the Dragon City Mall (280 Spadina Ave.)
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Gluten free and vegan options may be available. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are visiting for the first time, or you are a local looking for fun things to do in Toronto, the Kensington Market Food Tour is definitely a fun dining experience and a great way to find new places to eat in Toronto.
The Kensington Market Food Tour takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience